CHAPTER 6: How Did I Get Here?!?

CELESTE

I'm feeling better as soon as we got back home from the horrible nightmare of shopping.

I knew he was kissing someone as I felt the pain. The shittiest part of all this pain I feel, is more intense and excruciating than normal because Malachai made sure I felt the pain when he cheated by having a sorcerer he knew come and place a curse on me to always feel pain more than others when it came to that.

It got so bad this time cause I almost passed out and threw up. It takes a lot out of me every time.

I heard a knock on my bedroom door and heard Aston's mother on the other side of the door.

I quickly sat up in bed and fixed my hair and everything real quick before having her come in.

"Come in." I call out.

"Hey." I heard her say as she came walking in. "I heard you weren't feeling well." She says.

"Yeah. It must have been something I ate." I tell her.

"How do you feel now?" She asks as she sits down on the bed a few feet from me.

"Better. Thank you." I half smile.

"Good." She says. "And how was shopping?" She smiles.

"It was nice. Geneva was really nice and helpful and said she'll send the outfits over tonight." I tell her.

"Good." She smiles. "I want to apologize to you for several things. For one, my sons. In particular Aston. He's used to being a player and practically playing by his own rules that he's just not used to being as disciplined we'll say. Which I know has a lot to do with the way I raised them. I also wanted to apologize because I never got a chance to meet you before Malachai's death." She says while looking down on the bed.

"It's okay. He talked about you and his dad a lot." I lie.

"I'm glad. I really wish my son's both got along." She begins.

"I'm really sorry for your loss." I tell her. Just because I didn't like her son, I can't tell her what all he did to me. She lost a child after all.

"Well anyways." She smiles as she wipes tears from her eyes. "Tonight we are having some people over for dinner and I wanted to see if you were feeling better." She smiles at me.

"Yeah." I reply.

She gives me a hug and gets up then heads out.

After she's gone, I call up my best friend,  Orial.

"Hey girl, what's up?" She answers her phone excited. "I miss you so much."

"I miss you too." I smile.

"How is everything? Is your new mate hot? I bet he's better than Malachai." She says.

"Um, actually...." I began.

"Oh hell no. Is he just like him? Is he worse? I swear if he..." She starts ranting.

"It's okay Orial. Um, I was thinking that if his parents say it's okay, do you think you can come and see me?" I ask her.

"Yeah. But Celeste, I have plans for the next couple of weeks. But when I return I can make a trip out there." She says.

"Okay." I reply a little upset that she can't come out right away to see me.

"We I've gotta get going. I'll talk to you later doll. Love ya!" She says.

"I love you too." I reply and then we hang up.

A few hours pass by and my new wardrobe was delivered an hour ago. So I began getting ready for the dinner tonight and I was a little nervous to have just gotten here practically and already am having to meet people they know.

I guess just as long as I'm sticking to the plan in making people believe me and Aston are happily together, things will be okay and hopefully not so awkward.

You ever wake up and wonder how you got to where you are in your life and wonder if you had the chance to go back in time, would you change some things if not everything?

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)