26- In The Picture

3 Weeks Later 

* * *

When the doorbell rang, Neil sighed and stood up. He drank the rest of his beer. Once he saw JJ standing outside with a jacket on, he frowned and opened the door. Her jacket was short and he could see her bare legs. 

"Hello stranger." He leaned against the doorway, drinking in the sight of her. He extended his arms out and pulled her into the flat. JJ felt him wrap his arms around her. She quickly lifted her arms and closed her eyes. The jacket was light and as he rubbed his hands over her back he could feel the lace beneath. 

"God I missed you," she whispered.

"I missed you too." Neil pulled away and smiled. "Do you want a beer?"

"At nine in the morning? Why the hell not." She watched confused as he walked away. "Are you not gonna kiss me?"

She heard no response from him and huffed. When she walked into the bedroom she found him lying down on the bed on his elbows, a bottle of beer near his lips. "Is this the moment where you undress and reveal what lingerie you have on?"

"It was meant to be a surprise."

"Oh honey, the moment I opened the door I wanted nothing more than to kiss the life out of you. But I saw the slightly short jacket, the bare legs and that damn horny look in your eyes. And when I hugged you I felt it. But I'm begging you, come here so I can kiss you please because I need my real kisses not the short work friendly ones."

JJ sat beside him, a smile on her face. He stroked the side of her jaw as he looked into her light eyes. "Neil..."

"Shh. I missed your eyes. I haven't seen you at all this week."

"You can stare at them later. I just need you to kiss me now."

* * *

JJ had her head tucked under Neil's head with her hands behind his neck, her nails gently grazing his hair. Neil sighed as he swayed to the slow song. His hands remained on her back rubbing back and forth.

"I missed you," he whispered. JJ laughed softly as she looked up to him. He lifted a hand to slowly graze her cheek. Her light eyes were bright despite not sleeping the night.

"Missed me or missed the sex?"

"I missed this," he whispered. "I missed holding you. I missed the touch of your skin. Running my hands through your hair. Staring into those beautiful eyes of yours. I missed feeling you smile into a kiss or hearing you laugh." Tears came to JJ's eyes as she listened to him. She glanced at his face but found his gaze just above her shoulder, drifting off into space. "And I missed sitting beside you and playing with your finger tips until you get annoyed and hold my hand and just hold it on your stomach. When we wake up and we're together I can't wait to stand behind you, holding you and tell you how beautiful you look making a cup of coffee. Or just sitting in silence, the both of us reading a book and I know that when I look up you'll be so interested in your book I'd end up staring at your beautiful face for minutes and you don't realise. And I definitely miss that smile of yours because the second you walked through my door and smiled at me I knew you were worth keeping." Neil shook his head, bringing himself back to reality. He saw the tears running down JJ's cheeks and frowned. "What's wrong?" With a smile, she wiped her tears away.

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing."

"Then why the fuck are you crying you weirdo?" he mumbled as he wiped the corners of her eyes.

"I need to call your parents."

"Okay seriously what's wrong?"

She shook her head with a laugh. "Absolutely nothing. Everything is perfect. I've just realised you're perfect."