Chapter 15: Getting to know my best friend VI

I took a quick shower and got ready before Shuichi came. With a black skirt and a crop top sweater hugging my body, I tied my hair up into a ponytail and attached my pin. Shuichi and I agreed to have breakfast at his place so I only snacked on a banana while waiting for him. Once Shuichi messaged me, I put on my shoes and left the house. "Good morning, Shuichi."

"Good morning, Kaede." We drove off to his house which was a little far from mine. He didn't show any signs of a reaction or wanting of an explanation from last night which relieved me. As he parked into his garage, I scanned his entire house in amazement.

"Shuichi, your house is so big!"

"My parents wanted to let me live in a nice house to make up for not being with me most of my life." I turned to him and saw a slight frown on his face. I decided to ignore it and smiled heading in with him. Once we took our shoes off, I was in awe at the interior of his house. Everything is so organized and expensive-looking. We headed to his kitchen which had a very modern look to it.

"Alright! Ready for some breakfast, Shuichi?" I asked rolling up my sleeves. We pulled out the ingredients and started cooking pancakes, bacon, hash browns, and scrambled eggs.

As I was mixing the pancake batter I turned and saw Shuichi cooking the eggs. "Hey, Shuichi!" Immediately after he turned around, I flicked my whisk at him causing pancake batter to splatter on his face and clothes. I started bursting out in laughter at his surprised expression.

"Do you have any idea what you just started?" My grin faded when he put his chopsticks down and grabbed my whisk flicking it on my hair and face.

"Shuichi! You punk!" He started laughing warming my heart, but I couldn't let him win. I ran and grabbed a spoon from his drawer before scooping up some pancake batter and flicking it at him.

"H-hey!" Shuichi grabbed my wrist and put it above my head, but before he did anything, he looked behind me and froze. I slowly turned my head and saw a man I assumed to be his uncle.

My first time seeing him and we're covered in pancake batter. I'm the queen of first impressions. We separated and I turned around to bow. "H-hello!"

"Hey, Uncle," Shuichi said.

"My, you've both made a mess of yourselves," he said as he scanned our bodies. "Who do we have here?"

"My name is Kaede Akamatsu. Nice to meet you, sir."

"No need for formalities, sweetheart. It's a pleasure to meet you. Shuichi has never brought a girl over before; you two must be close." He chuckled and left. I turned and saw Shuichi blushing.

"Hey, you got a little something." I wiped off pancake batter under his eye which didn't compare to the rest of it on his face. We both laughed and continued cooking. Once we finished we brought our plates into his room. I've never been into a guy's room before, but I'm pretty sure they're supposed to have female magazines and posters of their favorite games. Once he opened the door, I made a quick scan of the space. The walls are empty, but he has a shelf filled with books. An organized stack of papers are resting on top of his desk, his bed is neat, and there are a couple of drawers with no clothes hanging out of them. The opposite of what I expected. "Shuichi, why aren't you like normal boys?" I murmured. We placed our food on his desk and went into his bathroom.

It's almost the size of my room! He has a shower head and a separate bathtub. "You can clean off your hair and I'll get a shirt for you." I nodded and he left. I took off my shirt and turned on the faucet. I heard knocking on the door and opened it slightly to take the shirt. I quickly washed my hair and face. His shampoo smells really good. I quickly dried my hair with his towel and put on the shirt he gave me.