Chapter 29: Breaking the news II

Shuichi and I finished cleaning up our dishes. I turned on my phone to check the time. "Wow, it's 7:30! Time really passes when you're having fun." I looked at Shuichi who also had a smile on his face. "Are you planning to go home now?" I was hoping for a no, but know that there's no way he would stay over. His smile also faded as he nodded his head.

      "It is getting pretty late, but I'm really happy we did this, Kaede. I had a lot of fun."

      "So did I, Shuichi. I can't wait to tell everyone about us." We both laughed and headed upstairs. I saw him glance at his cap on my bed so I quickly snatched the object before he could take it. " Don't even think about it. I told you, you aren't wearing this anymore." He let out a small huff, but didn't try to get it back. When he turned to head out the door, I immediately felt lonely. He can't leave just yet! I quickly grabbed his wrist causing him to turn around confused. "W-wait, could you listen to a song of mine? I'm practicing for the next tournament and would appreciate if you could tell me what you think."

     The boy reluctantly nodded. We both sat on the black bench in front of my piano. I quickly thought of Love is a beautiful pain by Endless Tears and flawlessly traced my fingers against the keys. I wasn't sure why I was playing this song. I don't think I'll be using it for the competition and that won't even happen for a couple of months. I just don't want him to leave me so soon, but the longer he stays the more dangerous it is for him to drive home. And if he stayed, where would he sleep? The thought of Shuichi sleeping next to me caused my finger to slip hitting the wrong key. I stopped playing and noticed Shuichi's eyes on me. "Are you nervous? You were doing wonderful, Kaede." I smiled at him.

      "T-thank you." There's no way I could share my thoughts! Eesh, it's only the first day of our relationship. But we have kissed and cuddled already... We even cooked together. My face turned beat red and my mind became foggy, but I quickly smacked myself. Shuichi jumped at the sudden action.

     "A-are you okay, Kaede?"

     "Y-yeah, I'm just getting a bit sleepy." I need to get these weird thoughts out of my head! "Y-you should probably get going now." He hesitated at first, but nodded and left my room. Once I heard the front door of my house close, I jumped onto my bed. I started giggling to myself. "I'm actually dating him! I'm actually dating Shuichi! Yahoo!" I jumped up on my bed, but then hit my head against the ceiling. "Ow..." I quickly took my phone out and messaged the girls' group chat.

Kaede: You girls are in for a treat tomorrow.

Maki: What do you mean?

Mikan: Are you finally dating Shuichi?!

Miu: Not right now, Mikan. Remember yesterday?

Tenko: Tell us, Kaede!

Kaede: Tomorrow :)

Tenko: Boo! I can't wait!

Maki: Learn to be patient then.

Kaede: Haha see you girls tomorrow.

      I messaged Shuichi a few minutes afterwards smiling to myself.

Kaede: Get home safely?

Shuichi: I'm still driving.

Kaede: What?! Omg don't text and drive!

Shuichi: You messaged me

Kaede: Stop! Focus on the road!

      I turned off my phone and started breathing heavily thinking of the horrible possibilities. I heard a beep from my phone and hesitantly checked.