Chapter 18

I really want to know why Carlos doesn’t want me working with the wolves after all I am Queen. He wouldn’t be the Alpha King if it wasn’t for me. I climbed out of the bed and made a beeline straight to the bathroom doing my morning routine. Once I finished I went into the closet and put on some jeans and a beige sweater along with some beige uggs. I walked out the room throwing my hair up into a high ponytail and walked downstairs to the kitchen where my grandmother was sitting.

“Good morning grandma,” I said as I sat down at the island and she smiled at me. I really want to know why Carlos doesn’t want me working with him. It can’t be because I'm a hybrid because he is too and a powerful one at that.  He must be hiding something from me if he doesn’t want me working with them.

“What’s wrong Annabella?” Grandma asked and I looked up at her.

“Is there something wrong with me working with the wolves?” I asked her and she frowned already knowing where this is going.

“No it is not; your mate however thinks otherwise. What you need to do granddaughter is show him how strong you are. You’ve came from a powerful bloodline and I’ll be damn if I let some mutt tell my granddaughter what to do. You better handle it before I do Annabella; I am not the one he wants to face. Now go on and handle your business.” She sternly spoke pointing towards his office and I nodded and got up and walked towards his office.

“We need to find a way to keep vamp….”  Carlos stopped talking as I burst into his office and everybody turned towards me with a shock look. “Do you need something Bella?” He asked looking at me expectantly like I was going to ask for help and anger boiled inside of me as I felt my eyes flickering.

“Why do I have a feeling he’s planning something for my Vampire Kingdom?” Kanistia hissed and I agreed with her.

“Maybe he is,” I spat out.

Kanistia growled as she took over half of my body. “You need a way to keep vampires from where?” We hissed as my body heated up.

“That’s none of your business Annabella.” He spoke sternly and I narrowed my eyes in his direction as the paper work on his desk lite up in flames.

“It is our business, I'm the Queen.” We spat and the people he was having a meeting with left the room.

“And  I am the King,” He growled and we hissed loudly.

“King, King. You wouldn’t be King if it wasn’t for me; you’ve taken advantage of the power. What the fuck are you planning with my vampires and witches?” We angrily spat taking a step forward.

“Nothing, I wasn’t planning nothing. I was actually wondering when you were going to grow some balls and speak up to me. It’s about time because you were becoming a pushover and as a Queen you shouldn’t be a pushover.” He said chuckling.

“What do you mean Carlos?” I asked as Kanistia backed off.

“When I said you couldn’t handle the wolves you said ok and left it at that. A Queen should never just say ok and leave it at that. To be a Queen Annabella you need to be strong and stern but not too stern.” He smiled touching my cheeks lightly.

“What’s going on with the wolf kingdom Carlos? I don’t have time for your games.” I said angrily and he smirked and he tipped my chin up and pecked my lips.

“Nothing major is going on my love no need to worry.” He said going back to his desk and I stood in the same spot confused as hell. He got me all riled up just to make me a strong Queen and I heard him sigh and I looked up at him. “Come here baby,” He said and I walked over to him and he pulled me down on his lap tucking his head him my neck. “I'm sorry baby but that was the only way to break your nicely ways.” He said and I nodded in understanding. We sat like that until my eyes started drooping lowly. I felt him get up and place me on the couch in his office and then his door opened.

“Have you seen Anna…?” Aidan trailed off as he saw me lying on the couch half sleep. “Do you want me to take her to the room?” He asked and I guess Carlos nodded and he kissed my forehead and mumbled a small I love you. I came in contact with a soft bed and a small kissed was placed at my temple and I fell into a deep sleep.

“Carlos,” I yelled out into the forest and I heard a scream and ran towards it.

“Help me Anna,” I heard Alice yell out, my older sister. I found her and Jamie sprawled out on the ground and a trail of blood and I followed it and saw my dad, brothers, and Carlos hanging from various trees on fire and I let out a piercing scream.

“No, no, no daddy, AidanAndres, Andrew, Carlos. Don’t leave please don’t leave.” I sobbed and scream out.

“Soon Annabella, soon baby girl. Your precious little kingdom will be mine.” A dark voice said as it came towards me. “Matter-of-fact I’ll take it now,” He said and threw fireballs at me but I blocked them out with the shield and they started growing stronger and I couldn’t hold anymore and the fireball hit me right in my chest and I gasped for air screaming.

“Wake up Anna, it’s not real. I'm not died I'm right here.” I heard Carlos say as he shook me and I rose up gasping for air sobbing.

“Y-you and d-dad and m-my brothers and s-sisters,” I sobbed and he nodded his head understanding.

“I know baby it was a dream.” He said curling me into his chest and I sobbed. “I'm going to put a protective shield over you and I want you to go to sleep.” He said and I nodded sniffling and he commanded me to go to sleep which I did and into a dreamless sleep.