Drastic Times

TW: Peter sells himself for money
Peter just turned sixteen, so...
Tony is Peters biological father, but he doesn't have all his money.

               Tony sat at the coffee table as he counted the money he's earned that week. He sighed as he realized it wasn't enough to pay for the bills. He rubs his temples as he thinks about how he got here. He never had a lot of money, and then he had Peter and then he had to pay for his kids mothers hospital bills. To put it lightly, Tony could barely keep the roof above their heads. He wanted to protect Peter, that's why he kept him instead of putting him up for adoption. But then he got older and he needed more food and more clothes and school supplies made them spend more money. He complains to himself a lot, but he would never give up Peter. He's the last bit of sanity Tony has. He let out another sigh as he tried to keep his tears from falling.
               "Dad, I'm home!" A small smile grew on Tony's face and he cleared his throat.
               "Hey Pete. How was school?" Peter walked into the living room and placed his backpack on the couch.
               "It was fine. I got an A on my chemistry test. Oh, Ned got this new LEGO set and he invited me to go over to his house to," he cut himself off as his eyes landed on the bills.
               "Did your paycheck give you enough to cover this?" Tony let out another sigh as he shook his head. Peter slowly raised his hand to his pocket and Tony watched as he pulled out a lot of money.
               "Pete, where'd you get that?" Peter didn't meet Tony's eyes as he placed it on the table.
               "I had a feeling you wouldn't be able to get all the money needed since you had to take a few days off. And it was my fault since I was sick, so I found a way to get money."
               "How did you get the money, Peter?" Tony began to count the money and his eyes widened when it added to five hundred dollars. Peter slowly sat down next to his dad and Tony placed the money on the table.
               "You don't need to worry about that. But, hey, we'll have some money left over. You'll be able to buy what you need to make that machine you wanted to make. You could get a better job if you could just make what you need to." Tony grabbed Peters chin and made him look him in the eye.
               "How did you get this money Peter?" Peter tried to give him a smile, but he let out a sob and he covered his mouth as tears began to fall out of his eyes. Tony pulled him into a tight hug.
               "No. No, Peter. Don't tell me you..." Tony couldn't even finish his sentence, but Peter knew what he meant. He nodded into his dads chest and Tony let out a shuddering breath.
               "Why would you do that Peter? You're sixteen! We could've found another way." Peter pulled away and shook his head.
               "From what you got, we were one hundred short. This was an easy way to make money." Tony just shook his head again.
               "Peter, your first time shouldn't have been so you could get money. I could've gotten a second job."
               "We have to pay those bills this week. You wouldn't have been able to get one hundred dollars in a week. This was a one time thing. We have enough money to set aside for next time and buy you the rest of what you need to finish your robot. I'm fine." Tony rubbed his eyes as he shook his head again.
               "How many people Peter?" Peter looked down again as he began to rub his hands together. When he answered, Tony barely heard his whisper.
               "Ten. Ten people." Tony sighed again and stood up. He began to pace and Peter looked up at him in fear and sadness.
               "Peter, you shouldn't have done that. We could've found a way. Do you know how dangerous that is?"
               "I know, but I needed to help. The reason we can barely pay the bills is because of me." He let out another sob and his voice cracked on his next sentence. "I just wanted to help." Tony pulled him into another hug and Peter cried into his chest again.
               "Peter, you don't need to help. If you want to help, I can help you find a real job. I'm supposed to be watching after you."
               "I tried to look for a real job, but I wouldn't have been able to get enough money fast enough. I did find a job and I'm starting Monday. This was last minute and it won't happen again." Tony pulled Peter back to his chest and ran his fingers through his kids hair.
               "You are the best thing that's ever happened to me Peter. You don't need to blame yourself for me not being able to pay the bills." He paused for a minute before a more important question entered his mind. "Did you... catch anything?" Peter shook his head and Tony let out a relieved sigh.
               "There was protection. And I went to the doctors." That just made Tony's fear grow.
               "How did you afford the doctors?" He felt Peter tense against his chest. "Were there more people?" He was still for a moment, but then Peter nodded. "Oh god, Pete." He squeezed Peter tighter.
               "Ok. We're gonna use the money, but you are never going to do what you did again. I'll buy more supplies and I'll build that robot and I'll get a better job. We'll have more money and I'll be able to take care of you better."
               By the time Peter was eighteen, he got a full scholarship to MIT. Not that Tony couldn't have paid for it. He's had more than enough money ever since he started Stark Industries.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: I'm actually sorry about this chapter. I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you, in the next chapter. BUH-BYE!!
~Grace