When I Was Your Man

Spideypool fic requested by @outsidersandBTS4life. I don't know if this is what they wanted, but I hope it's good.
Past spideypool, HarleyxPeter...because why not, you know what I mean? They're all in their 20s. Okay, sorry, go on

Same bed but it feels just a little bit bigger now

               Wade let out a sigh as he fell into his bed and rubbed his face. He laid down and stretched out his arms before turning his head to the right. His hand almost reached the other end. It feels different without Peter laying next to him.

Our song on the radio but it don't sound the same

               Wade was listening to Spotify as he was making himself dinner and he froze in place when a certain song came on. 'Crazy Little Thing Called Love' by Queen. He stood there for a few minutes as the song played. It didn't make him feel the same way. Peter wasn't screaming the lyrics with him this time.

When our friends talk about you all it does is just tear me down. 'Cause my heart breaks a little when I here your name.

               Wade was sitting at a table with Weasel, Colossus and Dopinder. They all decided to go out to lunch together and Wade was just pushing his food around his plate. Weasel looked up to him.
               "Hey Wade. You haven't talked much. How are you and Peter doing?" Wade froze again and his friends looked at him in concern.
               "Peter and I aren't together anymore." He tried to hide the shakiness of his voice, but it was heard.
               "Oh. I'm sorry to hear that," Dopinder said softly as he put a hand on Wades shoulder. Wade gave him a sad smile.
               "It's fine. I have to go. I'll see you guys later." He got up and walked out of the restaurant.

It all just sounds like ooh, ooh, ooh, hoo hoo
Mm, too young to dumb to realize
That I should've bought you flowers
And held your hand
Should have gave you all my hours
When I had the chance
Take you to every party cause all you wanted to do was dance

               Wade wasn't surprised that Peter left him. Wade never took time out of his day to treat Peter the way he deserved. He always said he was too tired after working too hard. He should've noticed that Peter wanted to go out and have fun, but Wade 'never had time'. Wade knew that Peter knew that was a lie. Wade always had time, he just never spent that time with Peter.

Now my baby's dancing
But he's dancing with another man

               The first time Wade saw Peter after their breakup was at a LongHorn Steakhouse in Queens. He wasn't trying to find Peter, but it was a little strange for him to be in Queens. He saw Peter sitting on one of the outside benches and decided to say hi. He walked up to him and Peter looked up at him and gave him a kind smile.
               "Hey Peter. How are you?" "I'm good. How are you Wade?" "I'm good." They talk for a few more minutes and Wade noticed that Peter looked... brighter.
               "So, What are you doing here Pete?" Peter looked down and Wade noticed something shining in his eyes that he hasn't seen since he first met Peter.
               "I'm here for a date." Wades smile dropped slightly but he fixed it quickly and nudged Peter.
               "Who's the lucky guy?" Peter was about to speak but Peter looked behind Wade and his smile brightened. Wade turned around and saw a guy who had curly brown hair, slightly darker than Peters. He was a little bit taller than Peter and Wade could see why Peter was attracted to him. His name was Harley. Wade introduced himself before saying goodbye to Peter and walking away.

~~lyric skip~~
I hope he buys you flowers
I hope he holds your hand
Give you all his hours
When he has the chance
Take you to every party
'Cause I remember how much you loved to dance
Do all the things I should've done
When I was your man
Do all the things I should've done
When I was your man

               Wade and Peter became good friends again a few more months after their breakup. It's now been almost two years and Peter is the happiest Wade has ever seen him and Wade is happy for him. Wade still loved Peter, but Peter loved Harley. And, Wade found someone else. They were all happy. A few months before now, Harley texted Wade and the Avengers and told them he was going to propose to Peter. Tony was acting like a protective father at first, but he knew Harley was a good kid. The rest of the team agreed and they said they could help him plan something that Peter would like. Wade was just happy that Peter would be happy.
               Back to the present, they (the Avengers, Ned, Mj, Peter, Harley, Wade, Vanessa, Matt, Loki and a few others) were all having a movie night. It wasn't a normal movie night, though, because they were sitting on the roof as they watched movies with a projector. Harley was fidgeting the whole time and it only got worse as time went on. Everyone gave him reassuring glances while Peter looked at him in concern every once in a while. When they finished the movie 'Spirit', Harley let out a shuddering breath and nodded his head. Everyone smiled and turned off the projector. Peter looked around confused until Harley cupped his face in his hands. He stuttered through his speech and Peters eyes shined with every word Harley said, and Harley's were shining just as bright. Harley took one more shaky breath and then he knelt on one knee. Peter gasped and brought his right hand up to his face since Harley was still holding his left. He opened a small black box and there was a simple but beautiful ring inside. It was perfect for Peter. Tears fell down Peters face as he nodded. Harley smiled brightly, tears of his own falling, and slid the ring onto Peters finger. Everyone around them cheered as Harley stood up and kissed Peter before hugging him tightly. Wade wasn't as sad as he thought he would be. He still loved Peter, but not in that way anymore. He watched as Peter hugged his family and Wade realized that he didn't need to love Peter that way to love him. He did miss their moments together, but he knew Peter was happier with Harley. And he was okay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: I hope this wasn't too bad. I also hope this is what you meant when you requested it. I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you, in the final chapter. BUH-BYE!!!
~Grace

Family friendly avengers content//one shots जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें