Chapter 1

Alexis' POV:

My fist flew out, hitting the punching bag. The bag bend backward and before it stood upright again, I drew my fist back and hit it again.

I'm furious. I'm so angry I can't even explain. I need to let it out before I let it out on my so-called father.

I still remember the dreadful conversation we had with our mom. She thinks it's a great idea.

Well I think it's a terrible idea.

On top of that, she hid her sickness from us!

We were in the middle of our class when Alex got a call from Mike. The teacher was not happy about it.

So he plucked the phone out of Alex's hands before he got the chance to answer and answered it himself.

"Hello?" The teacher said into the phone.

He heard whatever Mike said on the other side and gave the phone back to Alex saying, "Make it quick."

He stood there patiently with his arms crossed.

Alex brought the phone up to his ear and said, "Hello?"

He heard what Mike had to say on the other side. As soon as he said whatever it was, Alex was up to his feet.

"Is she okay?" Alex asked and motioned for me to get up as well.

"Okay, we'll be right there," Alex said and hung up. He looked at the teacher who was still standing there with his arms crossed.

"Everything okay?" The teacher asked.

"No. My mother has been admitted to a hospital and we need to be there." Alex said as he took his bag and rushed out the door with me following.

The teacher kept shouting for us to come back or he'll give us detention but we didn't care.

"What the hell did he tell you?" I asked Alex.

"He said to be at the hospital as soon as possible. Because mom's there." He answered.

"Why is she there?" I asked.

"I don't know. He didn't tell me."

About twenty minutes later we reached the hospital with great difficulties because we didn't have that much money on us.

We ran inside as soon as we arrived and went straight to the lady at the front desk.

"Where's Anna Gonzalez?" Alex asked in a hurry.

"Are you her relative?" The woman who seriously needs a brain asked.

Can she not see that Alex looked exactly like her?

"We are her kids, lady. Now tell us where she is or you'll live your last breath behind this table." I said to her.

"This is exactly why we don't let you speak much, Lexi." Someone said from behind us.

We turned around to see Mike shaking his head at us. But then motioned for us to follow him after seeing our faces.

"What happened?" I asked as we follow followed him.

"She was in the kitchen getting something to drink. I was sitting in the living room when I heard something fall. When I looked back, she was laying on the floor, unconscious. So I brought her here." Mike explained.

"Must've been because she hasn't been eating properly," I said.

"No, it's not that. The doctor says it's something more." Mike said.