Chapter 7

Alexis' POV:

I still can't believe this is happening. I mean, this is ridiculous. I might as well be living in a ridiculous nightmare.

My mom is absolutely fine and I'm definitely NOT moving in with my so-called father.

I threw the tank top I was holding in my bag and turned around to face Alex.

"Alex could you do me a favor?" I asked him.

"What is it?" He asked turning around to look at me.

"You have to stay completely still."

"Why?"

"Just stay still." I said more forcefully.

He did as I asked and I went over and pinched him on his shoulder.

He yelped and held his shoulder, rubbing it to ease the sting.

"Ow! What the hell was that for?" He asked.

"I wanted to see if this was a really bad nightmare." I said.

In turn, he pinched me on my shoulder.

"Ow!" I yelped.

"Now you know that this is not a nightmare. Thanks for the pinch though. I was thinking the same thing." He said and went back to packing his clothes.

I rolled my eyes and turned back to pack my bag. I put the rest of my clothes that I took out of my closet in the bag and zipped it close.

After I was done packing, I picked up my bag and went to the living room where Mike was sitting on the couch using his phone.

I threw my bag on the couch beside him.

He looked at the bag then back at me to ask, "All done?"

I nodded. "Yup! All ready." I said before adding under my breath as I went to the kitchen, "Except for me."

I opened the fridge and took out some yogurt then fetched a spoon from the drawer beside it.

"What about Alex?" Mike asked from the living room as I sat on a stool and started to eat.

"He might take some time because apparently he has more to pack than I do." I answered.

"What is he packing?"

"His Xbox console."

Mike rolled his eyes and went back to his phone. After some time we finally heard Alex's voice.

"I'm done!" He announced as he walked in the living room and threw his pack beside mine.

"Great! Then let's get going." Mike said as he stood up and took his keys out of his pocket.

"But I just put this pack down." Alex said gesturing to his pack.

"Then pick it up again." Mike said back and went out the front door.

Alex looked at me and asked, "Is he really that eager to drive us to that hell hole of a house?"

"Maybe he just wants to get this done and over with." I answered.

"Maybe." He said and picked up both of our packs and went out the door.

||◻️||◻️||

One hour later, we arrived at our father's house where him and his family were waiting at the front door.

And the twins were recording all of it.

"I don't like that the twins like to record every second of their lives." I said from the back seat to Alex who was sitting in the passenger seat.

"Me neither." He said, agreeing with me.

"You'll get use to it in time." Mike told us.

No one said anything as Mike pulled into the driveway.

He got out of the car first and shook hands with Philip. Both of them exchanged a few words before Mike motioned for us to get out as well.

We obliged and open the doors to get out of the car. We walked to the front of the car and stood there.

I leaned on the hood with one ankle on the car with my hands in my pocket. Alex just leaned against it with his arms crossed.

"Hi again." We heard one of the twins say.

"Hi." We mumbled in return.

Sensing that we're not in the best mood, they turned the camera to the conversation that was going on between Mike and Philip.

After what seemed like forever, Mike came up to us and told us that he wanted to talk with us privately for a minute.

We walked a little distance away from the Jones family, the camera was on us the whole time we talked.

"Listen, I know you don't want to do this but... give him a chance. After your mom found out that she was pregnant, she contacted him and told him about it. He told her off but to this day he wanted to meet the two of you." Mike said.

"If he did, he wouldn't have left her alone in the time of need." I said with a eye roll.

"Everything he did, he did it for a reason. I don't know what that reason is but it definitely made him do a lot of things he probably wouldn't do."

"Then he might as well be a mafia." I said.

"Lexi, shut up. He is not a mafia or anything like that." Mike told me.

"Then what is-" Mike cut me off.

"I don't know, okay? Ask him if you want to know because I don't know."

Alex chuckled at Mike.

"What are you laughing at?" Mike asked.

"Oh! I just found this conversation a bit funny. That's all." Alex said with a smile.

Mike shook his head in disbelief.

"I can't believe you guys. Anyways, I'll be here tomorrow to see how things are going. And till then try not to break any bones." He said.

"We can try." Alex said.

"Good. And remember, behave." He looked at me more than Alex as he said that.

We nodded our heads.

"Okay. I'll see you tomorrow." He said and went to sit in the driver's seat.

"Mike! Our bags." I stopped him.

"Where are they?" He asked turning to look at us.

"In your trunk."