Chapter 12

Alexander's POV:

I plopped down on the couch with sigh. I'm so tired.

"What are you doing? We have cleaning to do." Char said, standing in front of me.

"Char, I'm tired. Please let me take a break." I said.

"Okay fine. You have five minutes." She said.

Since when did she become the boss?

I closed my eyes and rested my head on the back of the couch. These five minutes are like heaven.

But all good things are supposed to come to end. Char started shouting at me that my five minutes are over and that I should get cleaning.

Seriously, who made her the boss?

For the next hour or so, we were cleaning and scrubbing the whole place. At the end, my arms started to ache.

After cleaning, we all, excluding Char, fell on the floor exhausted. Like literally, we were laying on the floor.

How Charlotte is not tired is beyond me.

"What happened to you all?" She asked looking at all of us.

At the question Mark scowled at her and asked, "What do you even eat?"

She shrugged. "Food."

"Unhealthy food at that." Lexi added standing up and going to our room probably to lay in bed.

It was true. Char was probably the only one in our little group who could eat the most food. So whenever we didn't feel like eating, she was the who ate our food.

Char rolled her eyes. "Whatever. I need to go home. My parents have been calling me nonstop." She said and went out the door after taking her belongings.

Chris sighed. "I guess I have to go with her because I drove her here." He picked up his belongings and left.

So now, only Felix, Luke, Mark, Sam and I were left in the living room.

"I don't think I can move from my spot." Luke said.

"Me neither." Felix added.

"No one can." I said.

"Yeah. Quite a friend you have. Completely energetic." Mark told me.

"I know. Char and Lex have been together since junior year started." I said.

"That's nice to hear." He said.

A beat of silence passed between us. Then Felix said, "Anyways, I'm taking some rest."

Not even a second later, we heard his snores indicating that he fell asleep. We all followed soon after.

||◻️||◻️||

A loud noise made us all wake up.

"What the hell?" I mumbled rubbing my eyes as I sat up.

"What just happened?" Mark asked.

His question was soon answered when Philip, Sophie, Lindsey and Harris came running inside and locked the door behind them.

"Dad? What's going on?" Luke asked all of us standing up.

"Shh! Don't make a sound. I'll explain later." Philip said in a hurry as he turned off all the lights in the room.

"Where's Alexis?" Philip asked.

"She's sleeping in the room. Why?" I asked.

"Go wake her up." He told me ignoring my question.

Just then Lexi came out of the room. "What the hell happened?" She asked and looked at all of us.