Chapter 19

Alexis' POV:

A couple days later, I was laying in my bed staring up at the ceiling. Alex was sleeping on his bed.

I replayed the events of the day the man, who was supposedly a member of the deadly squad, trespassed the Jones residence.

He said that they would take revenge. Especially from Alex and I.

But why haven't they done anything yet?

It's been two years since but they still didn't made an appearance. What are they planning?

"Lexi?" I heard Alex call my name, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Hmm?"

"What are you thinking?" He asked.

I sighed. "Remember the guy that trespassed and threatened that the deadly squad would come after us?" I asked.

"Yeah. What about him?"

"Why haven't they done anything yet?"

Alex sighed. "The security around the house is upgraded. Of course they'd think twice before doing anything."

"That's true but it took nearly three months to get it all completed. They didn't do anything then as well."

"Well that's something that we might have to think about but for now Lexi, we are not going to do it. Remember our promise to mom? We won't get in harms way until it comes to us."

"Thinking about it won't cause any harm." I said rolling my eyes and sat up on my bed.

Alex only hummed in agreement.

"Now get up." He said then paused. "Hmm. That feels different. I'm waking you up instead of the other way around."

I rolled my eyes and chucked my pillow at him. "I'm already up, idiot."

He just laughed and got out of bed then went out the room.

"Get ready soon." I heard him call after me.

||◻️||◻️||

I was sitting in kitchen with the laptop open in front of me. I was trying to find out why the gang wouldn't attack when my phone rang from beside the laptop.

I looked at the caller ID and frowned when I saw it was an unknown number.

Usually when an unknown number calls a person, they let their curiosity get to them and answer it which results in terrible situations most of the times.

Even when I was curious who was calling, I let it ring until it stopped.

Not even a second later, the phone ringed again and again until I gave up on trying to ignore it and answered the phone.

"Hello?" I asked into the phone.

"Nice to see that you finally picked up my call, Alexis." An unfamiliar voice said.

I furrowed my eyebrows and asked, "Who are you?"

The man chuckled on the other side. "You should know by now. You've been doing a lot of research on me lately." He said.

"Who are you?" I asked more forcefully this time.

I heard him sigh on the other end. "Well, since you really wanna know, I'm someone who can help you with a lot of things. Especially when it comes to revenge."

I was confused on who this man is and why is he calling me. So I asked, "What's your name?"

I heard him laugh and then he said, "Oh dear Alexis. You should know that when I call you from an unknown number, I'm not willing to give you my name."

"Or maybe you're just not in my contacts. That's why the caller ID said 'unknown number'. Don't you think?" I replied only to hear his dark chuckle in return.

"Why are you calling me?" I asked instead of snapping at him.

"I'm calling so I can offer you a deal." He answered.

"What type of deal?" I asked leaning back in my chair.

"A deal that can help you get revenge on the man that killed you mother. Aka your father." He said it like he planned his words way before this conversation.

I furrowed my eye brows again in concentration of who might have any sort of rivalry again my father.

There was no one except...the gang. Was I really talking to a member of the Deadly Squad?

"I suppose your thinking it over. Let me make it easier for you. You work with us and we can help you get revenge on him. Simple as that." He said.

"Why do you want to help me?" I asked. My tone didn't gave away the fact that I knew who he was.

"Because Alexis, I know that the last two years you've spent with your father have been absolute hell for you. It has been for me too because what I'm planning against him can't be completed without you. I know you want to give in." He said in a I-know-you-want-to voice.

He's full of himself, that much I can tell.

After a few minutes of thinking, I said, "You're right. I do want him to pay for what he did to my mom."

"That's the spirit!" He said. "Now, will you help us?" He asked.

"Yes, I will. But on one condition." I said.

"Is it that you want to kill him with your own hands? That's okay. I agree." He said.

"No that's not it." I said. "I want to know your name."

"My name? Why?" He asked.

"Because, it's been bugging me during the whole conversation. What's your name?" I said like a child.

He chuckled. "I like your honesty. My name's Scott Turner."

"Okay, Scott. Where am I supposed to meet you?" I asked.

"Straight to the point, I see. Just come to the park near where you live. It's abandoned. No one comes there so you'll know it's us when you see us."

"Us?" I questioned.

"Well I guess I forgot to tell you. I'm a gang leader of the most dangerous gang in the city. The deadly squad." He said.

"That's perfect! You can help me and I'll help you. Our rival is the same." I said with a smile.

"Sure he is." He said like he was thinking of something else.

"When am I supposed to come to the park?"

"Tonight should be good."

"Okay. I'll meet you there."

"Alright." He said and hung up.

||◻️||◻️||

I sat on my bed looking at the clock on the bedside table. It's almost midnight. Alex is sleeping.

I took that as an opportunity to get out of bed and go to the park.

I went to the living room and picked up my pack that contained some of my things in it.

I checked the equipment I left out for Alex and left the letter beside it.

I got out the pool house and started searching for some rocks. I found a couple of them and put them in my pack to make it seem a little heavier.

Then after one last look at the pool house, I snuck out and went to the park.

I'm sorry Alex. I'll be back soon. I promise.