Chapter 21

Alexis' POV:

Last night, after I snuck out, I went to the location they gave me.

Scott was right. No one came here, the park because it was abandoned.

They took my bag from me and put it in the van they arrived in and we all went together to where they live.

They live in a creepy warehouse like you see in the movies.

During the journey, I got to know that there are only four people in the gang. Three boys and a girl.

The first is the leader, of course, whose name I already knew was Scott. The other two boys were Collin and Ryder. The girl was the only one who wasn't really fond of me, her name was Julia.

Since it was almost midnight, they all went to sleep almost immediately after arriving at the warehouse. I took this as my chance to put the microphone in place.

I searched for the place where they might have their meetings and found in on the second floor.

There were a lot of cracks on the walls and the chairs were all dusty. So was the table.

Underneath the table were two long and thick legs that held it up. I attached the microphone to the top of one leg where the bottom of the table and the leg meet.

Then in the morning I woke up way early to take a tour of the place in an excuse to record everything with a little camera I had brought with me.

Just in case.

At the same time Alex called. I had to go to the room they gave me so no one can know anything.

I really hope that Alex had heard what was going on in the meeting they had.

These people are sick! How could they do this to others for fun?

Oh yeah. When Scott was telling me what had happened between the gang and millionaires I caught the fact that he was lying.

Which can only mean they do it for fun.

Currently, I'm sitting in the room they provided me and waiting for Alex to call me again.

I excused myself from the meeting so they could just talk further on and not bother me at all.

I checked all around the room I was in to see if there was anything that might allow them to hear what I was saying and who I was talking to.

I found nothing and even double checked it. I don't trust these people at all.

After waiting for a minute, I decided to call him myself.

"Lexi! You're a crazy genius!" He exclaimed as soon as he picked up.

"What happened?" I asked in a whisper.

"Why are you whispering?" He asked.

"Because I don't want them to hear me, idiot." I whispered again.

"Okay fine. So to answer your question, Mike and I heard everything that was said during the meeting or whatever they call it. We are on our way to the Kings house to inform them about it." He said.

I smiled. "That's great." Then what he said sunk in. "Wait. Mike? What is Mike doing with you?" I asked.

"Oh... I didn't know how to set the listening device so I had to call him." He answered.

"What does he say about my plan?"

"Mike, Lexi wants to know what you say about her plan." Alex said and no doubt he put the phone on speaker.