Chapter 4

Alexander's POV:

I've never seen Lexi this furious in my whole life. And I've know her since I was born.

I could tell she was having a hard time not punching the man in front of us in the face.

She tried to mask her fury with a calm and collected look, but she was not doing a good job at it.

A person with one eye could see her raging with fury.

But I guess Philip is one of the most dumbest person ever because he was completely oblivious to her raging form and was smiling at us.

Damn. Do all these people smile all the time? To add it to the plate, the camera guy - forgot his name - was standing right behind a bush.

Close enough to get a good shot of us.

He thinks he was not seen behind it but he was. Though we didn't make any indication that we saw him.

"Hi. I'm-" Philip started but Lexi cut him off.

"The man who ruined our mother's life. We know." She said.

Mom said not to make any rude comments. She didn't listen and I didn't stop her because that was exactly what he did.

He ruined our mother's life.

Philip looked down on at his shoes for a second and looked back at us again.

"I know what I did to your mother was wrong and I deeply regret it."

Oh wow. He deeply regrets it. Guess he doesn't loves us.

His tone gave away that he had been practicing a speech to tell us when we come.

And since he came out of the pool house it leads me to believe he was there the whole time.

From how Lexi was glaring at him, I knew she noticed it too.

She opened her mouth to speak but I grabbed her arm to stop her from doing so. Knowing exactly what she was going to say.

When she looked at me I gave her a look that said, 'Shut up'.

I looked back at Philip and asked, "If you so deeply regret it then you must have known about how she almost killed the two of us?"

His eyes widen a little. So he didn't know it.

"That's true. Our mother almost killed us after we were born. Sure she was happy but as we grew older, we reminded her of you and she so badly wanted to kill us because of it." I explained.

Our mom apologized about a million times after Mike talked some sense into her.

"We saw our mom get drunk and high almost our whole childhood. Because you weren't there when she needed a man in her life." Lexi said.

If it weren't for Mike, who stood by her side, even if his wife was jealous, she would have given us to an orphanage by now.

"I know that I wasn't there for you and your mom. But you have to believe that I'm truly sorry for it. I want to get to know you, to be there for you even if I was not there at first. Please, forgive me." Philip pleaded.

That same rehearsed speech.

"How much have you rehearsed to say that to us?" I asked.

Lexi looked at me as if asking, 'You get to ask that and not me?'

She looked back shaking her head after she saw my smirk.

Man, I love my twin.

"I didn't rehearse anything." Philip said catching our attention.