Chapter 13

Alexis' POV:

Silence.

It's where you feel calm, cool and collected. Where you can feel yourself getting calm. Where can collect your thoughts and make the right decisions.

Anger.

It's where you feel the need to smash something. To just let it out and not care about what people think. To break a couple bones.

Both of them are very different things.

But both of them together are two very bad things.

Because when in silence you are angry you feel the need to suppress your anger to not make it known.

Everyone knows suppressed anger is way worse than the one that's let out.

That was exactly what I was feeling right now.

I wanted to punch the man in front of me in the face. Break a bone or two. But I couldn't do it because everyone else was here.

So to distract myself, I turned to Harris.

"Where are the cops, Harris?" I asked through gritted teeth.

He gulped. "I-I didn't call them."

"Well then call them now and tell them to arrest him-" I pointed at Philip. "-as well as the other guy. You should be thankful we tied him up." I said and stormed to the backyard.

"Lexi, wait!" I heard Alex shout.

I stopped walking but didn't turn around and waited for him to catch up with me.

He came in front of me and said, "Let it out."

I shook my head 'no'.

"I can't let it out on you all the time." I said.

"Yes you can." He insisted.

"No I can't." I said.

"Lex, you're angry. You can't think straight if you are angry. You have to let it out."

"No, Alex!" I yelled.

He looked to be in thought for a minute before he shrugged and said, "Fine then. Remember you made me do this."

I barely had time to comprehend what he said before he picked me up and threw me in the pool.

As soon as the cool water hit me, I let out a squeal.

I swam back up to the surface and glared at Alex who was standing at the edge of the pool with his arms crossed.

"What the hell!?" I screeched.

"I'm sorry." He held his hands up.

"You don't look sorry!"

"You needed some cool water to cool you down. I did you the favor." He said.

"You're gonna die when I get my hands on you! You just wait Alex!" I yelled.

"Oh, I'm so scared." He mocked.

I sighed. "Help me up." I said putting my hand up.

"So you can pull me in with you? No thanks." He said.

"Just help me out! No way am I getting up with the amount of water soaked in my clothes." I said.

He sighed. "Okay fine." He grabbed my hand and began pulling me up but I tugged on it hard so he falls in the pool with me.

I couldn't hold back my laugh at that.

He came up to the surface and glared at me.

"I knew I shouldn't have trusted you." He said.