Chapter 11

*3 weeks later*

Alexis' POV:

It's been 3 weeks since we moved in with the Jones family. So far we've slightly warmed up to them but not completely.

Just enough so we could talk to them normally.

Currently, Harris, Felix, Luke, Mark, Sam and Alex were setting up Alex's Xbox on the TV and I was watching them while sitting on the coffee table.

"All done." Felix announced. It only took them five minutes to get it.

"That was quick." I commented.

"Well, when you have skilled hands on putting stuff together, you tend to do it in record time." He said.

"I thought you were a medic." I mused.

"Yeah I am. I put together human bodies." He said.

I grimaced and stood up going to the kitchen.

"Hey it is true! I stitch them up!" He called after me.

"That's just disturbing!" I called back only to hear him laugh.

In the past three weeks, we've started to joke around with them and, like Mike had said, have fun.

Suddenly there was a knock on the front door. Must be Charlotte. She told me earlier that she would be coming.

Alex opened the door and Char was there. But she wasn't alone. She had dozens of shopping bags all around her.

Alex took notice of the bags around her feet and asked her as he gestured towards them, "Char, what is all this?"

She looked down at her bags. "Oh! Remember when Chris and I last came here, I said we should give this place a makeover?" She asked.

Alex nodded and she continued, "Well this is half of the stuff we'll be using. Chris is getting the other half from his car."

"Half?!" Alex asked with wide eyes.

"Yeah. It took so much time to think what would look good in your shared room. So I thought, 'why not bring of both genders?' so I did."

Alex ran a hand over his face.

I came at the front door and said, "Char, you really are obsessed with this kind of stuff."

"Hey! I'm not taking interior decorating as a career for nothing." She told me as she walked in, stepping over the bags in the process.

"Could you boys bring the bags to the room? Thanks." She told them all and went to our still plain room.

Just then, we heard something - or rather someone - squishing the bags at the door.

We all turned around to see Chris on top of them, looking completely out of breath.

"Chris, are you okay?" Alex asked worriedly as he went to his side.

Chris lifted his head a little to look at him and said, "I'm saying this again. Whoever will marry that girl is in for a hell of shopping." Then fell down again.

||◻️||◻️||

Three hours. It's been three hours since Char came in with all those bags at the door and those three hours have been torture.

Like literal torture.

Luke had Sam get the camera so they could record it all.

"You can put those over there." Char said to Luke who held colorful candles in his hands.