Chapter 15

Alexis' POV:

Well, Alex was of no help.

The only thing he did manage to find was some stupid online game where these bubble headed guys were shooting each other.

"It's a good game for kids. And technically we are kids, so we can play it. Don't you think?" He had said.

"Alex, I'm going to kill you after all of this is finished." I threatened.

He rolled his eyes at that. "Like you'd kill me."

"Just let me do this will you?" I asked, frustrated.

"Alright. I'll leave you to it." He said and went to the living room.

I browsed through multiple sites trying to find any other company that might have 'killed themselves' because of bankruptcy.

I nearly gave up until I came across one site where there were articles about famous companies.

I clicked on it and searched for what I was looking for.

What appeared next nearly popped my eyes out of my skull.

"Alex! Get in here!" I shouted.

He came in as soon as he could and asked, "You found something?"

"Yeah. Come and look at this."

He came to my side and looked at the screen on the laptop.

"There were five more cases in which multimillionaire families 'killed themselves' because of bankruptcy." I said.

"How the hell did the police not notice that?" He asked.

"I don't know."

"Are you sure they took loans from the same gang?"

"It says it right here." I pointed at the part where it said that all of the families took loans from a gang.

"Why do you think they took loans from the same gang? It could be some other one."

"That could be possible. But look at this, it says that no one knew why the companies were bankrupt. It makes no sense. Isn't that what happened here to our family and this family? No one knows the reason for their bankruptcy. It has to be them. They somehow set it up."

Alex looked at the screen for a minute then turned to me.

"We have to tell Philip about this." He said and I nodded in agreement.

||◻️||◻️||

We saved all the information we had before we went to Philip's office.

Alex knocked on the door. After we heard a muffled 'Come in', we opened the door and went inside.

His office was brown. Everything he had in there was brown. Brown walls, brown flooring, brown work desk, brown book shelf.

The only thing that gave a little color to the place were the pictures, books and the two chairs in front of his desk.

Even his own office chair was brown.

He was looking at the screen of his computer when we came in.

I cleared my throat to catch his attention.

He looked at us and for a split second his eyes widen in surprise. But he quickly regained his composure and gave us a small smile.

"Alexander, Alexis. What can I do for you two?" He asked.

"Well for one you can upgrade your security system. Station some guards all around your house if you value your life." He gave me a confused look so I clarified for him. "You and your family are in danger Philip. You need to do it."

"How would you know that?" He asked.

"The police officer we were talking to gave us some information about our family. He told us that the Gonzalez name was well known. So we did our research and found out that they 'killed themselves' because their company was bankrupt. We talked to our mom today and she told us the whole story and explained that they were killed by other people and not by themselves. Those people that killed them are the same ones that you took a loan from." Alex explained.

"Right. Our grandfather took the loan from them and wasn't able to return in time as well so.... They were killed." I said.

"How would you know that it is not a coincidence?" Philip asked.

"We know because today after seeing our mom, we dugged a little deeper and found five more multimillionaire families that had the same story line. And that is not a coincidence." I answered.

"Where is all the research?"

I pulled out the laptop where I had saved all the information and put it in front of him.

In the next few minutes, let's just say that Philip was out the door telling us that he would be upping his security.

||◻️||◻️||

"Do you think we did the right thing?" Alex asked as we arrived back at the pool house.

"I think we did. Why?" I asked.

"I just have a feeling that something bad might happen."

"If anything was to happen, I think we can handle it."

He rolled his eyes. "We're still in training. We haven't finished it yet."

"We have enough training to take care of ourselves." I said.

"Don't get too ahead of yourself. You don't know what's going to happen in the next few minutes." He said, quoting mom.

"Let me sleep. I've been up all night looking for that info." I said and laid on my bed.

"Fine. Goodnight."

"Night."