Chapter 33

Alexis' POV:

Alex jumped through the still opened window inside the west wing. I felt around the walls to find the switch to turn the light on.

"Alex, do you have a flash light?" I asked.

"No." Just as he said that, the lights flipped on and Alex was standing near the switch. "But I found the switch." He added with a grin.

I rolled my eyes and started to look around the house in hopes to find someone.

Alex started to look around as well. We both searched the whole house but we got nowhere.

That was until we went to the basement.

I opened the door and almost immediately, heard a grunt from where the door hit the wall.

I looked behind me to see Alex already had his gun ready. I put my back to the door and raised my gun.

Swiftly, I pulled the door by its handle and pointed the gun at the person behind it.

That person was Harris.

"Harris." I let out a sigh of relief.

"You have no idea how scared I was when I heard you guys moving upstairs." He said.

"Where are the others?"

"Lindsey is behind those boxes over there and the rest of them are somewhere." He answered shrugging.

"Is it safe to come out?" Lindsey asked.

"It's safe. It's just Alex, Lexi, a lady who I don't know and a little girl about four." Harris answered casually but then a look of realization set across his face. "Speaking of which, who are they?"

Lindsey came out from behind the boxes and stood beside Harris.

"This is Olivia and Emily. They are Scott's family." Alex said.

"What are they doing here?" He asked.

"You'll see later. Right now tell us where Scott is." I asked.

"I don't know but I have a feeling he's in the main house."

"Good enough. Now stay hidden and take Emily with you." I said.

"Okay?" Lindsey asked unsure.

I rolled my eyes and turned to Emily. "Hey Em. Can you stay here with these two while we go catch some bad guys?"

"Is mommy going to stay with me?" she asked and I wanted to groan in frustration.

I looked at Olivia for help with this. She got the hint and tried to talk to Emily herself.

"Honey, remember when I told you about your older brother?" She asked her.

Emily nodded and Olivia continued, "Well baby, mommy is going to go and get him because he's here and then I'll be with you all the time. But for now, you have to stay with them." She pointed at Lindsey and Harris when she said the last part.

"Is brother okay?" Emily asked in a small voice.

"Yes. He's fine. Can you stay here while mommy goes and gets him?" She asked.

Emily started to think it over for a minute. We all let out sighs of relief when she agreed.

"Okay baby. Now you have to behave and don't trouble them too much." Olivia instructed her daughter before standing up.

"Let's go now." She said and walked out the door.

Alex and I followed her and we all went up the stairs that lead to the living room/kitchen area.