Chapter 29

Alexis' POV:

After we arrived back home, we quickly got out and paid the driver. The guards opened the gate for us and we went inside.

As soon as we stepped inside, we felt a sense of safety wash over us.

"What happened back there?" Sophie asked.

"The girl I was looking at, she's a member of the gang that's after dad. We have to tell him and the others." I answered already walking towards dad's office.

I went there with the others following behind me. Once we reached there, I knocked on the door and went inside.

He looked up at me entering and then looked at the others knowing something bad happened.

"What happened?" He asked.

Instead if answering, I asked, "Where's Alex?"

"In the pool house. What happened?" He asked again.

"Lindsey and the others can answer you. Right now I have to take care of something." I said and took Char with me to the pool house.

We went to the backyard and went inside the pool house where we could hear squishing noises coming from Alex and I's room.

I looked at Char with a confused look and she looked back at me with an equally confused look.

We went to the room and stopped outside the door.

"You were right Chris. This is fun." I heard Alex say.

"When am I ever wrong?" Chris asked.

Beside me, Char whispered, "All the time."

The squishing noises continued as I opened the door.

Inside, Harris, Felix, Luke, Mark, Alex and Chris were jumping on the beds.

"What the hell are you guys doing?" I asked.

They halted an turned to face Char and I at the door.

They barely fit on the beds. There was no space left on them.

Silence is what followed after my question. They were trying to think of an answer but could barely say anything.

Then Char blurted out, "Five little monkeys jumping on the bed."

As if on cue, Chris fell off and hit his head. He sat up putting a hand in his head and I added, "One fell of and bumped his head."

"Real mature, guys. What's going on?" I asked as I crossed my arms and leaned against the door frame.

Alex hopped off the bed and said, "It was Chris' idea."

"That much I can tell."

Chris stood up and said, "We were bored."

"Before we started this, we were training." Alex added.

"Oh yeah. About that. Lexi, thanks for teaching me a couple stuff. I was able to take on Alex for a while." Chris said.

"My pleasure. But right now we have some other things you need to know." I said.

"What is it?" Alex asked.

"We're not safe outside the gates of this house."

||◻️||◻️||

"They watched your every movement through the security cameras?" Alex asked for the umpteenth time.

"Yes Alex. How many times do I have to confirm it for you?" I asked.