Chapter 22

Alexander's POV:

We informed the Kings of what was to come and told the CEO everything he needed to know.

After hearing it, he was about to file a case on them but I told him that Lexi was with them and giving us info from the inside.

After that he calmed down a little and upgraded his security a little bit around his house and company building.

"That went well." Mike said when we were nearing the car and I had just nodded in agreement.

We got in the car and he drove me to the house before going home himself.

I stood outside of Philip's office, debating whether or not to tell him about it.

He's gonna find out one way or another anyway. So I decided to tell him about Lexi's plan.

I knocked on the door and went in after he said, "Come in."

When he saw it was me, he smiled and went back to doing whatever he was doing before I came here.

"Where's Alexis?" He asked.

I sat down on one of the chairs before I dropped the bomb on him.

"Umm.... Lexi? Oh, she uhhh...." Noticing my stutter, he raised a brow at me as if asking, 'Is everything okay?'

I sighed. "Look, before I tell you where she is... You have to promise to listen to my explanation. I know you'll be mad at her for it, I was too. Then I saw this letter in which she explained where she was and why she was there. She saved a family from being killed before the matters got worse. And the fact that you don't owe any money to the gang was revealed because of what she did. So... Just listen to my explanation before you think of anything." I ranted.

He was listening patiently, waiting for me to finish and when I did, he asked, "What happened?"

I leaned forward in my seat and looked everywhere but him.

"So, a few days ago, after we told you that we forgave you, Lexi had been thinking about the man that came here two years ago." I started.

"What about him?" He asked.

I rubbed the back of my neck nervously. I don't know what he was going to say after I tell him.

"He said that... The gang would come to get revenge and Lex was wondering why they hadn't done anything yet. Then yesterday, she received a call from an unknown number. When she answered it, the person on the other side introduced himself as Scott Turner." I noticed his surprise when I said the name.

He didn't say anything, so I continued, "Um... He offered her a deal. Which was that if she helped him get inside the territory, he'd help her.... Get revenge.... On you." I knew exactly what he was going to say so I cut it immediately saying, "She wasn't stupid enough to agree to it. But she did because she had a plan. The plan was that she was going to give us information on them from the inside and today Mike and I went to the Kings because they were the next target."

He looked confused so he asked, "What's that suppose to mean?"

I rubbed the back of my neck again. "Umm... Well, Lexi's plan started off when she snuck out and left some equipments for me. She had this microphone with her that she installed in the room where they all have their meetings. Through that, I listen to how their plan works out. They have these steps that they take. First, they rob the companies and make it look like it has gone bankrupt. Making the CEOs come to them. Then they give them the loan which originally is the money they robbed in the form of a loan. Then the amount of time given to the certain CEO is the time where they know he won't be able to return the money back. Then, they use it as an excuse to kill the family of that person."