Chapter 34

Alexander's POV:

The minute Lexi's head fell on my shoulder, I started to panic. I could still feel her breathing meaning that she wasn't.... Well you know.

"Lexi." I said as I reached up to cup her cheek. She didn't open her eyes.

"Lexi." I tried again but she still didn't open her eyes.

Blood was still leaking out of the wound around the knife in her stomach. There was a lot of blood.

The paramedics came through the door and ran in our direction.

"Lexi, just hold on okay? Please." I said to her.

They told me to put her on the ground and I did. One of them held me back from reaching out to her again while the others helped her out.

After what seemed like forever, they finally felt a pulse.

"She's still alive. We need to take her to the hospital." One of them said.

They got a stretcher and put Lexi on it. Dad and I were the ones that rode on the ambulance with her.

Now, I know, I forgave the man but there are times that I just want to punch him.

For instance, while we were driving to the hospital he kept on apologizing for everything. I'm pretty sure if Lexi was awake right now she'd probably duct tape his mouth to stop him from doing so.

As rude as that sounds, that's Lexi for you.

Sooner or later we did arrive at the hospital and the paramedics immediately rushed Lexi inside for surgery and we were told to stay out side the room.

Hours passed. Day turned into night and the doctors still hadn't come out of the room. Not even to give an update.

By now everyone had arrived and we were all sitting outside of the room she was in.

I was looking down at my hands while sitting on the chair when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

I tore my gaze away from my hands and saw Olivia smiling down at me.

Behind her I saw two cops. I stood up from my seat and looked at her.

"What is it?" I asked.

"They just wanted your statement." She said pointing at the officers.

I sighed and said, "I'm sorry. But now is not the right time."

"It's okay. We'll come and get it later." They said and walked down the hall.

After they left, Olivia turned to me.

"Alex. I'm really sorry for what Scott did." She said.

I shook my head and smiled at her. "You have nothing to be sorry about, Olivia."

"I do. He's my son and I thought I was a good mother but apparently he proved me wrong." She said.

"Olivia, you are a great mom. Trust me on that." I said.

She smiled at me.

Just then the doctor came out of Lexi's room. As soon as he stepped out, I read the look of surprise on his face, like he didn't know what to make out of something.

"Are you all related to Alexis Gonzalez?" He asked.

"Yes we are." Dad said.

The doctor exhaled a breath before saying, "The cut was deep. Deep enough to kill her. But we were able to fix it up. I'll have to say, she's a fighter. We almost lost her during the surgery but she was able to pull through. You can see her now."