Chapter 31

Alexis' POV:

"Find anything?" Alex asked as he leaned forward in his seat with his phone in his hand.

"Nope. Not yet." I answered.

We came to the local library in hopes to find the address of the house we're looking for. I had a computer in front of me searching for the address of Turner house.

Now, why the Turners you ask?

Well, here's what happened.

After Alex called Mike to come, the others left and only came when he arrived.

While waiting for him, I searched my brain for anything that might be the gang's weakness or at least a part of it.

That was when I recalled that Scott was lying about what happened with him and his family. He said that he was abused but the truth was he wasn't.

What made him turn into a gang leader? I don't know. But I do know that he still cares about his family.

Or else he would have killed them by now.

That much was for sure. So, to answer the question what made him turn into a gang leader, we're going to have to get the full story on what happened with Scott in his past.

To do that, we'll have to go to his house. The place where his family lives. And maybe even get his family's help in the situation.

"I can't find anything." Alex said and dropped his phone on the table.

"You can't find everything on the phone." I said.

He furrowed his eyebrows and asked, "Lexi what world are you living in?"

"Shut up. Now look." I said and leaned back in my chair.

"Look what?" He asked.

I looked at him to see in disbelief. He was genuinely confused. He's an idiot that's for sure.

"The screen you idiot!" I whisper-yelled.

He looked at the screen and made an 'o' shape with his mouth.

"How far?" He asked.

"Two hours from here. We've got a long way to go." I answered.

"Well then, what are we waiting for? Let's write it down and hit the road." He said and pulled out a pen and a notepad.

"Where did you get those?" I asked pointing at the pen and the notepad.

"I don't share my stuff with old schoolers." He said as he wrote down the address.

In response, I punched him on his shoulder.

"Ow! What the hell?" He asked rubbing the spot I punched him at.

"That's what you get."

||◻️||◻️||

"I think we should put it on the GPS." Alex said after he got us lost in the middle of nowhere.

We were driving down the road for the past hour. I told Alex to put the address on the GPS but he didn't and bragged on about how he knows the streets like the back of his hand.

I rolled my eyes at that and kept quiet and only spoke after I saw the stop sign blocking the road in front of us.

"Really? Why didn't you think of that before, genius?" I asked.

"I thought we were going the right way. Apparently it landed us in a dead end." He said staring at the stop sign in front of us.

"That's because you are the biggest idiot I know." I said.