Chapter 16

*2 years later*

Alexander's POV:

I stood to the side with my arms crossed as I watched Lexi stand in the middle, her eyes focused on the target.

She had goggles and ear muffs on with a gun in hand.

She took a deep breath and pulled the trigger just when she exhaled.

Loud sounds of shots being fired rang through the space but the sound was muffled by the ear muffs we were wearing.

The bullets hit the target square in the middle. Basically destroying the red part.

When she ran out of bullets, she looked at us with a small smile.

"Nice." Mike commented.

She put the gun on the table and walked back beside me with a smile. I gave her a smile in return.

"Alex, your turn." Mike said. I went to the where Lexi was previously standing and took the gun from his hand.

I looked at the target then took my position.

I focused on the target and took a deep breath. Just as I exhaled it, I pulled the trigger.

Shots rang through the air and ripped through the paper until I ran out of them.

I lowered the gun and looked at it. The target was ripped from the center.

Mike pressed a button that brought the target closer until it was in front of me.

"I'm starting to regret that I let you learn this." Mike said as he looked at the ripped up target.

I laughed at it.

"It was your idea. You said we were ready."

"That I did." Mike agreed. "But for now, I have to get you to your mom."

Over the past two years, we never missed a week. We visited her after every time we trained.

"Okay." I said.

||◻️||◻️||

"Here you are." Mike announced as he stopped in front of the hospital.

"Thanks, Mike." I said and got out of the car with Lexi following me.

"No problem." He answered and drove away.

Lexi and I went inside and made our way down the path that we had become all to familiar with.

"Hey mom." Lexi said, entering the room.

Mom look at the two of us with a smile. "Hi, babies."

She's lost all her hair and looks pale. Like she might leave us any minute now.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

"Same as yesterday." She answered. "What did you do today?" She asked.

"We practiced our shooting. Mike says that he regrets teaching us at an early age." Lexi said.

"Why is that?" She asked.

"Because, we started a week ago and already have a hang of it. The targets were ripped from the center." I said.

Mom sighed. "I regret it from the day you started. You both pick up on things easily."

"We know that." I said.

"And it's helpful too." Lexi added and I nodded in agreement.

"I just want you both to be safe. Don't put yourself in harms way." She advised.