Chapter 32

Alexander's POV:

I stood up and went over to give the poor woman a hug and glared at Lexi. She didn't have to say it like that.

Lexi just shrugged in response and looked at Olivia who was currently sobbing on my shoulder.

"I'm really sorry, Mrs. Turner that you had to know it like that but it's the truth. And like Lexi said, Scott is not his right state of mind. And so are the others. They can go back to normal, if it's not too late. We can help them. But we need your help in that." I tried to calm her down.

"How can I help?" She asked and lifted her head to look at me.

"You need to calm down and we'll tell you." I said.

"How can you be so sure that he is where you think he is?" She asked.

"It's because he killed five families for money." Lexi said again and she started to sob again.

"Lexi, seriously you need to shut up." I said to her then turned back to Mrs. Turner. "Mrs. Turner, we know that he is where he is because, like we said, our family and us are his next targets."

She calmed down a little and asked, "About that? What do you mean?"

I sighed. "You need to calm down before you hear this. It's a long story."

She took deep breaths to calm herself down. After some time she nodded her head in a sign that she was okay.

I let go of her and sat down back in my previous seat.

"So... Basically Scott is the leader of this gang and Collin, Ryder and Julia are also a part of it. What they do is that they make CEOs come to them by making it look like the company was bankrupt. They do that by robbing the company. Then when the certain CEO comes to them, they give them the money they robbed in the form of a loan. Then they give them time in which they know the CEO won't be able to return the money back. That gives them a reason to kill them. So they do." I said.

She looked to be in thought for a minute before she asked, "How do you know this?"

"Our father was one of his victims." Lexi answered.

I'm starting to regret making her sleep in the car. I should have done that when we came here.

"Oh my. I'm so sorry for his behavior. I can help you. What do I need to do?" She quickly said.

Hmm. Maybe this won't be too bad after all.

"We'll tell you later. Just one question though. Where is your husband?" Lexi asked making another round of sobs to start.

I take back what I said.

||◻️||◻️||

"Thank you very much for informing me about him. I'll be there in time." Olivia said as we went out the front door.

"It was no problem. If there is a way to stop all this, then we might as well use it." Lexi shrugged with a smile.

Olivia smiled back and shut the door. Lexi and I turned back to go to our car.

"Did you really have to tell her the truth like how you did?" I asked Lexi.

"What? The water works would've started one way or another. It's better to know the truth then to not know it at all." She answered.

"How exactly do you know that the 'water works' would start?"

"She's sensitive when it comes to family. Just like most moms." She shrugged.