Chapter 3

Alexis' POV:

Never in my entire life have I ever felt this uncomfortable. And awkward. And this all was being recorded on the damn camera.

"How are you both today?" Sophie asked as she sat down on a vacant spot on the couch.

"We're fine." Alex answered.

They all had these huge smiles plastered on their faces. No matter what. It's like their smiles are permanent.

"When will be Philip arriving?" I asked.

"He should be arriving soon. In the mean time, how about we give you a tour of this house?" Harris asked already standing up to his feet.

Seems like they previously thought this through.

Alex shrugged. "Sure. Why not?"

"Great!" Luke said enthusiastically.

Alex stood up and began to follow them and I had no choice but to do just that.

"Why the hell did you agree?" I whisper yelled at Alex.

"Because, if you will be hitting me, might as well do it in an open space where nothing could be broken." Alex whispered back.

"You're impossible to understand." I said and shook my head.

We walked down five steps and ended up in a hallway where the rooms were.

I don't understand the point of the steps if we could just jump. And not to mention it might be dangerous for kids.

"These are our rooms." Mark told us.

We know that genius. Everyone one knows that you start a tour with the living room, then the kitchen and then the bedrooms.

I so badly wanted to say but I held it back. Alex quietly laughed at me, obviously seeing my expression.

In turn, I elbowed him to his side. He doubled over and grunted in pain.

"Lexi!" He said.

"Is everything okay?" Sophie asked.

"Yes. Everything is just fine." Alex said standing straight.

"Okay." She smiled and walked with the others.

||◻️||◻️||

Half an hour later, we end up at the pool house.

So far this house was amazing, I have to tell you that. Downstairs is where the rooms are. There are three bedrooms, an office, a laundry room and a bathroom.

And one of the rooms had a bathroom attached to it. Guess what? The shower had clear glass windows and gave a clear view of the pool house.

If you were to see from the pool house you could see someone showering in there.

Upstairs there are two rooms. One is where the screens for the security cameras are. The other is for the adults.

Next we went to the backyard where the pool and the pool house was located.

Mark open the sliding doors that lead to the backyard.

"Over here is the pool and that's the pool house." He said as he opened it.

The pool was about eight feet by four feet. It was nice.

Until the doors to the house opened and a man stepped outside.

The man turned around and immediately my blood boiled. I curled my fingers into a fist.

"Oh look, dad's home." Luke said and went to give him a hug.

He looked in our direction. I saw the same facial features that Alex and I carry and wished that we didn't.

Without thinking twice, I turned around and let my fist fly out to hit Alex in the face.

But he knew it was coming. He caught my fist in his hand in a tight grip.

"Calm down." He said in a low voice.

I didn't.

Instead, I brought my knee up but he blocked that too. Using the hand he was holding, he turned me around and pulled me in a lock.

"Calm down, Lex." He said in my ear.

I looked at the man who is supposed to be my father. Seeing him made me even more angry.

"They're recording." Alex whispered to me.

I looked at the camera which was directed towards the scene I caused.

I sighed.

"Let go." I said.

"You sure? 'Cause I have a feeling that you would march up to him and beat the hell of the man." Alex said.

"Let go, Alex." I said.

He hummed as if he was thinking what to do. The bloody idiot!

"How about you break free?" He asked.

"Okay." I said and used my free arm to elbow him in the face.

"Ow!" He yelled in pain. "Dammit Lex! That's gonna leave another bruise on me."

"It doesn't hurt that much." I said.

I looked at the others who where looking at us with surprise. Alex caught that too.

"Can someone tell me what.... that was?" Harris asked waving his hand in our direction.

"Umm.... We uh... We were just... Having some twin time?" Alex offered meekly.

Twin time? Really? What kind of an excuse is that?

I looked at him with a weird expression on my face. He looked back and said with his eyes, "Just go with it."

"So you both just go around punching each other?" Felix asked.

"Um no actually we don't. We were just... Comfortable? Around here?" I said but it came out as a question.

And the ridiculous thing is that they believed it. They believed the most horrible lie a person could tell. Wow.

Alex and I shared a look of disbelief before returning to the matter at hand.

"Well, Philip is here. We'll give you three time to talk with each other." Sophie said.

Is she not mad at her husband that he went out and got another woman pregnant?

I guess not.

"Sure." Philip said and they left us alone.

I'm gonna have a hard time not hitting this human being.