Back to Firenze

"EZIO AUDITORE!!! YOU BETTER COME BACK HERE THIS INSTANT!!!" I yelled out as I ran after said Assassin, running down the main stairs and onto the lobby. Ezio had quite the distance ahead of me, dashing past a very confused, but equally amused Mario. Yep. This was happening again!

"Please, mia cara (my dear)! I am mostly innocent, I swear!" He yelled back between laughs, and by the time I met up with Mario, he had disappeared from my sight. I cursed under my breath as I stopped next to my Mentor, though I couldn't prevent the smile from painting my lips.

"What did he do to you this time, (y/n)?" Mario asked as he rested his hand on my shoulder, chuckling.

"I don't know how on Earth he managed to do it, but....my armor and weapons are completely gone. I was going to put them on, and I couldn't find them. If Ezio hadn't done this to me once already, I would've wondered if someone had come during the night to steal from me." I explained with a soft smile.

"Just like last time, eh?" at this, Mario began to laugh loudly. "I am certain you will give him a proper punishment during training. Go now. Knowing him, he's waiting for you outside."

"Grazie (thank you), Mario. Parleremo più tardi (We'll talk later)." I said before running out through the large doors of the Villa. As usual, Ezio was nowhere to be seen. I looked up at the rooftops of the villa to make sure he wouldn't jump on me. Nope. He wasn't there either. I slowly began walking about, keeping my eyes up in a vain effort to spot him. But in reality.....I should've been looking down. Before I realized it, a familiar hand grabbed me by my clothes and pulled me down. I didn't even have time to scream as I landed face first into a strong, warm surface.

"Ti ho preso~ (Gotcha~)" Ezio whispered against my ear, smirking. "You really need to work on your speed."

"Oh, shut up." I laughed out, resting my head on his chest. "I couldn't guess that you would be hiding in the haystack."

"I have done it before. You should have predicted it~" he teased, and I couldn't help but sigh out softly in content as he ran his fingers through my hair.

"Ezio..." I breathed out, smiling. "...as much as I love these morning routines, you really need to stop scaring me like that. I really thought I had been robbed the first time." I said as I began to stand up, giggling. I wiped some strands of hay that got stuck in my hair and clothes before holding my hand out for Ezio to grab.

"Oh please...who would even try to rob a Villa of Assassins?" he teased as he finally grabbed the hand I had been holding out. With a light tug, he was up on his feet as well.

"Don't you dare say that, or else someone will actually try it." I shook my head, though I couldn't wipe away that dumb grin that was still on my lips. "Now, will you give me my equipment back?"

"....bene, bene (fine, fine). I guess you deserve it." he eventually gave in, sighing. "I left your weapons and armor in my bedroom."

"Grazie...~" I leaned forward and lightly pecked his cheek before walking away. "We'll see each other during training!" I called out just as I entered the Villa. Heading up the stairs and into the sanctuary of his bedroom, I saw all my stuff neatly resting on his bed. I smiled softly at the sight, thinking how long it must've taken him to get all these things to his bedroom without waking me up. As I put my leather spaulders on, my thoughts drifted out, and back through the time that I've spent here.