Chapter Ten

(Cordelia's dress)

Everything suddenly hit me, like a jolt of lighting and I jerked awake, confused to find myself in a lavish bedroom. 

It was surrounded with gothic elements and look out of this time.

I sat up, immediately feeling weak at how quickly I had moved.

Where was I?

I looked around, noticing the many candles lit around the room, despite the bright lighting fixtures 

"Theodore?" I asked, not caring how weak my voice was.

How had I gotten here? 

As I last recalled, Theodore and I were walking along the alleyway. 

I started playing the events over in my head, trying to find the missing parts.

We had come to a stop though, because he heard something. Everything else seemed to go black. 

What happened afterward?

I looked down and saw that I was wearing an extravagant off white dress, with accents of silver and gold. It looked as though it were from a different time or perhaps even a different country.

I carefully stood up and walked towards a vanity, slowly looking at my appearance.

How had I acquired this dress? I was in low class clothing before and now I was in an obvious high class environment.

I walked towards the connecting balcony that was outside the room, seeing the moon shining over the area.

Everything looked as though it were old. I leaned over the balcony and saw that the manor I was in, was gigantic, it looked as though it were a castle. Trees were surrounding the building and I could not see anything past them. 

Was this even part of a village?

I left the balcony and walked back into the bedroom, taking in the room and realized just how big it truly was.

Where am I?

I hesitated, but left the room, seeing a great stairway similar to ones I had only seen in banquet halls. I walked down it, my heels clicking against the steps, echoing.

"Hello?" I called, hoping someone was here and I wasn't alone.

What if being alone was the better alternative?

I reached the end of the staircase and I looked around "Is anyone here?"

I sighed, getting no response. 

I stopped walking, worrying I would get lost in the large household.

"Hello?" I called out once more, raising my voice as loud as I could, despite how raspy I sounded.

It was as though I had been screaming excessively to get this voice problem.

I heard someone clear their throat "I see you are awake"

I walked into a room and saw a man sitting on a chair.

"Do I know you?" I asked, finding him familiar, but unable to figure out why.

He looked to me and smiled, making me feel unsure.

"I understand that you may be a bit hazy after the events of the previous night" he said, standing.

"W-Where is Theodore?" I asked, backing away.

He sighed "Unfortunately your friend is not here"