Chapter Twenty- Six

"Get away from me!" Samuel yelled, pressing his weight against the stairway railing.

"Please let me help you!" Florence cried out, squeezing Archibald's arm.

Annabeth and Tobias were watching from the doorway, while the others were out finding dinner.

The idea of them draining blood from people to put in glasses was disturbing.

Samuel had been having a vivid vision and was crying out in pain from it.

"J-Just leave me be!" he groaned, slipping down a couple steps.

Archibald stepped forward "Be reasonable! You must put aside your obstinate reasoning for the greater good!"

"I w-will not hurt Florence!" Samuel yelled.

I stepped forward "You are hurting her, by having her see you suffer"

He looked down at Florence, who was trying to shut herself down, to keep the pain out of her body.

"Please, let me help?" Florence asked, with a pained expression "Please, Samuel"

He went to take a step forward, but instead let out a distressing cry.

"Samuel!" Florence cried, trying to rush to him, but Archibald held her back.

"Florence, you must let him realize it" Archibald said, keep a tight grip on her.

Annabeth simply walked off, with her drink in her hand, while Tobias rushed up the steps.

"Get away from me!" he demanded, pushing Tobias away.

Samuel pressed his palms to his head, groaning "It hurts!"

Florence looked away, trying to keep herself calm.

I looked back at Samuel and saw that the vision was draining him of his strength.

"Something is happening" I whispered.

He pressed a hand to the railing once more and slumped over.

"Samuel?" I asked, worried.

He looked at me "Death"

"Samuel what are you speaking of?" Archibald asked, just as worried as I was.

He tiredly looked over at Archibald "All I see is death"

Before we could say anymore, Samuel moved his hand and went tumbling down the stairs.

Florence rushed to his side, once he reached the end "Samuel, speak to me"

He tried lifting his head, but he was too weak.

"He needs blood!" Archibald said, looking at Tobias.

Tobias nodded and quickly ran off.

"Help me get him on his back!" Florence said, pressing her hand to his head.

Archibald turned him over and looked at Florence "Be careful Florence"

"What is she doing?" I asked.

"She's trying to take some of the pain away, at least so he can move on his own" Archibald said.

"No, Florence" Samuel mumbled.

Florence focused her attention back to his face "You are no longer speaking on the matter! I am helping Archibald get inside your head, you do not get to decide anymore"

"That is not fair, Florence" Samuel said, getting some strength back.

Florence took her hand off of Samuel and glared down at him "You putting yourself through this pain and pushing me away is not fair, you have no right to tell me what is fair and what isn't"

"Just because you are older than me, it does not mean you have any control" he continued.

Florence shook her head "The discussion is over with, you no longer get to decide"

I watched as she stood up, once Tobias returned.

"Please feed him the blood and get him to his room" she looked away "If I am to perform such an act, I must rest" she said, walking off.

Tobias handed Archibald the glass of blood, while I looked at it, nauseated.

I looked away, while Archibald slowly fed the blood to him.

"Here" Tobias said, extending his hand to me.

I took it and he helped me back to my feet "Thank you, Tobias"

He nodded and went back to helping Archibald.

"Is there anything I can do?" I asked.

Archibald shook his head "Not for now, he needs his rest and I dovnot believe you can help any further"

I nodded and carefully walked up the stairs, looking back at Samuel in his weakened state.

Everything would soon change.