Chapter Twenty- Four

I believe that after everything that has happened since arriving here, it is safe to say that risking it all is necessary at this point.

Without anything being said or done, the house was dividing.

Killian had his loyal followers.

I had my own that were seeing the truth about Killian's dark side.

None of them had told me why they were so against him, but I knew that it must be crucial in order for them to focus on my protection, rather than their own.

Getting closer to Killian was no problem.

I was all too accustomed to playing a role that many fell hard for.

They saw the charade as the truth.

I saw it was a necessity to survive.

Nobody said anything, but I knew that a war was brewing outside of these walls

Only few knew that I was scared over that realization, but they were scared, too scared to accept that hell might be breaking loose.

Killian was more than willing to transform me for his own pleasure and part of me was actually falling for his own act.

Maybe it was my way of trying to fall into the act, rather than control it.

He knew how to play it just right and he knew the ways that made me weak for him.

Perhaps I was taking on the weight of the world, without understand the full repercussions of my own actions.

Everything was expected to shatter around me.

Although I was beginning to believe that once it shattered it would bring me down with it.

Everything would soon change.

"Cordelia, are you alright?" Florence asked.

I looked over at her "Why do you ask?"

"Because you have been staring at your drink for nearly twenty minutes" she said, taking a seat beside me.

I sighed and took my drink in my hand.

I had been drinking stronger drinks more each day.

It was my way of numbing the act that I was portraying.

It made it easier when around Killian.

I took a sip and leaned back in my seat "I do not know how much longer I can go"

"What do you mean?" she asked.

I took another drink "I feel trapped and an uneasy feeling of paranoia is always surrounding me"

"Perhaps it is the deception" she said, looking down.

I nodded "Possibly, but at the same time it seems more than that"

She took my drink and smelled its contents "What is this?"

"Something strong" I said, shaking my head.

"I can smell that, but there is something else there" she whispered.

I looked at her confused "What?"

"Something isn't right with this" she continued, continuing to smell it "Who made this?"

"Luther" I said, unsure as to where she was going with this.

She set the drink down "I need to excuse myself"

She quickly walked off and I watched, while she sped off.