Episode 12: (What)

The two landed on fresh snow, and the portal behind them closed.

"This is the Never realm?" P.I.X.A.L. said, hopping out of her cockpit. The sun seemed to have just risen, and all around them laid snow.

"Something's wrong here." Wu said. P.I.X.A.L. turned to look at him.

"My father had told me this was a cold land, but not as cold as it is now. Why is it so cold here?" Wu inquired. P.I.X.A.L. looked around, and focused her eyes on something.

"Master Wu, what is that?" P.I.X.A.L. asked. Wu looked in her direction to see an ice shard sticking up from the ground. The duo approached the shard, then saw hundreds of the similar ice. Each shard gave off a glow, and some had technological lines running through them.

Wu looked closer at one of the shards, and gasped. He then went back to view the others, finding the same quality in each.

"What is it?" P.I.X.A.L. asked.

"These shards have people in them. And they're still alive." Wu replied.

"Who would do such a thing to innocent people?" P.I.X.A.L. whispered. A muffled sound cut through the frosty air, and Wu and P.I.X.A.L. ran over to see Kai buried under snow. Kai shivered from the temperature, and part of him looked blue.

"Kai!" Wu shouted. P.I.X.A.L. and Wu held Kai and took him back to the cockpit. P.I.X.A.L. put the heat on full blast, and the blue disappeared. Wu let out a sigh of relief. He then examined his surroundings, and noticed the temperature.

"P.I.X.A.L, this cold." Wu started. P.I.X.A.L. nodded.

"It's not far off from the temperature felt in Briar's Edge. Even more, the sun's already up." She affirmed.

"But why is it so cold in the first place?" Wu wondered. Wu heard a groan, and he turned to see Kai waking up.

"Did I make it? No. Master Wu? P.I.X.A.L.! What are you guys doing here?" Kai shouted.

"I came to save all my pupils. The bigger question is, why did we find you half frozen under the snow?" Wu retorted. Kai shook his head in disappointment, and let out a sigh.

"I'll just tell the important parts of this tale." Kai sat up and began explaining.

"Basically, all of us arrived here in the same conditions as you see. The cold ice, frozen people, the statues. But when we came here, we met a village who took us in, who explained to us that this realm lives under the tyrannical reign of the ice emperor."

"Ice emperor?" Wu echoed.

"Yes. He's had this realm frozen for half a century. When we arrived, the village was under attack from him, so we defended it from the soldiers. We then asked around for Zane, and a woman named Sorla told us he got captured by the ice emperor. But seeing the village suffer attacks from the ice emperor, we stayed while Lloyd volunteered to save him."

"By himself?" Wu asked. Kai nodded.

"He should have never gone alone in an unfamiliar realm." Wu said.

"Well, we had to make it look like all of us were still at the village, so it wouldn't look suspicious. But anyways, Cole decided to solo it and find a way back to Ninjago without telling the rest of us. Seeing Cole missing, Nya and Jay went to find him. And with Nya and Jay gone, the village became vulnerable under attacks. The ice emperor attacked us with an ice dragon, and my flames were useless against it." He moaned.

"You got your fire powers back?" P.I.X.A.L. asked. Kai summoned a flame in reply, happy to see his fire burn.

"The only thing is, I have to seriously concentrate on it in order to keep it going. The temperature's so cold, flames die from it. But after the village became frozen from the ice dragon's roar, I tried to find the others; but I found myself in a blizzard. And here we are now." Kai ended his story.

"Oh dear, this may be a situation far worst then I expected." Wu said. P.I.X.A.L. and Kai turned for an explanation.

"I, nevermind. Let's just try and find the ninja and rescue Zane." Wu followed. Kai jumped into the cockpit with Wu, and P.I.X.A.L. manned the vehicle.

"I'm programming the vehicle to pick up on android frequencies. Based on its calculations, we should arrive there in a few hours." P.I.X.A.L. announced over intercom. P.I.X.A.L. revved up the booster, and the vehicle took off.