Episode 22: (Final Part 2)

Wu pushed open the doorway, his hands cold from the temperature. After the fight with the nullification soldiers, he had ran as fast as possible to assist P.I.X.A.L. and Kai, who had probably landed into a fight with Zane. He had hoped they would have saved him by now, but the scene in front of him showed a far worse scenario.

Zane held a staff against P.I.X.A.L.'s throat, who stared at the staff in fear. He glared at Wu with a surprised expression.

"What are you doing here?" Zane said in annoyance.

"Saving my family."  Wu replied. Wu ran towards Zane, and Zane set a frosty glare at Wu. Wu could feel an enormous drop in temperature, and he saw his movement slowing down. He looked down to find ice dragging down his weight. Zane growled.

"Nothing is going to plan. Nothing! Lloyd's alive, the ninja are alive, and the greatest nuisance to my plan lives in front of me." Zane roared.

Wu scanned the area, backing out of Zane's range.

"Where's Kai?" Wu said. Zane smiled.

"That was the one thing that did run smoothly." He replied, sending ice straight at Wu. Wu dodged, and looked at Zane.

"You didn't." Wu said. Zane plunged the room's temperature further, and Wu saw P.I.X.A.L. fully enclosed in ice. Zane sent more ice flying at Wu, and Wu barely dodged. He panted heavily. Wu had to use more energy to resist the room's temperature. Unlike Kai and P.I.X.A.L., who naturally counteracted the temperature, Wu had to constantly make sure the air coming inside his lungs didn't freeze them.

Zane smirked. "At least I have one less problem to deal with." He told Wu. Wu froze, realizing it's implications.

"Kai?" He said softly, leaning on his bamboo stick. Wu looked around the room, but the ninja was gone. Zane picked up a shard of ice, and tossed it to him. Wu caught it, and saw a piece of his clothing stuck in the ice.

"Kai!" Wu shouted. Wu started crying, mourning the loss of his pupil while Zane started laughing. Wu snapped his face up at Zane.

"How could you hurt your brother?" Wu whispered. Zane watched him, amused.

"How could I stand to stay by your side is the better question." Zane chuckled, then paused. Zane shot out wind blades towards Wu, and Wu dodged, but got hit by one of them. He fell to the floor, his bamboo stick clattering against the floor.

"Perhaps I went a bit overboard on you sensei." Zane taunted. He walked over to Wu, who clenched his hands. The temperature was so cold, Wu could barely feel his limbs anymore.

Zane kicked Wu across the throne room and sighed. Wu coughed, clutching his arm. Zane raised Wu up in the air again, and flung him again. Wu staggered upwards, and faced his pupil.

Wu glanced at the staff Zane held, then widened his eyes. "Is that the scroll of spinjitzu?" He asked. Zane looked over with a happy expression.

"I gave myself the personal liberty of using it after I was banished to this realm." Zane said with a grin. He then cornered Wu against the wall, and raised the staff. The staff glowed a bright blue, and Wu squinted at the sight.

"Your time's up old man." Zane said. Zane brought the scroll closer and closer to his face, when the door broke open again. Zane twitched his eyes, and Wu watched his student show a burning rage. Zane looked over at the unannounced visitors.

"How many times will that door break open?" He said smoothly. "And my plan got to waste?" He screamed. Zane looked up to find Lloyd, Cole, Jay, and Akita staring at him, all with determined expressions.