Episode 20: (Nullification vs. Ninja)

Wu blocked the attack coming from the ice soldier with the axe, and he backed off when the soldier struck the ground. Cole and Jay both summoned their powers, but each flew behind him as the soldiers knocked them back.

"What now?" Wu muttered. The situation had turned from defeating an army to this squadron.

"What?!" Jay shouted, stuck in snow.

"Focus on the battle!" Wu shouted back. Two soldiers surrounded Wu, and Wu used spinjitzu against them. However, the men produced a grey material, and his spinjitzu ended.

"It seems all of the men here have this ability." Wu stated. Cole groaned, and Jay ran to fight them.

"Not all of us do!" Grimfax replied, striking the ground. Wu moved back once more.

"You retain your consciousness?" Wu said, surprised the soldier could speak on his free will. Grimfax nodded, and swung his axe once more.

"The ice emperor does have men who remain conscious. These men are few and sparse, unfortunately." Grimfax raised his axe at Wu, and Wu side stepped and kicked him. Grimfax tumbled across the ice, and got up.

"Then why stay loyal to him?" He shouted. Grimfax sprinted towards Wu, who used his bamboo stick to trip him. He then threw his stick at Grimfax, who fell right on the floor. Wu then jumped onto Grimfax, and immobilized him.

"Some of us have no choice. It's either loyalty or death. Sometimes even loyalty has no effect on the man. He executes those without compassion for life." Grimfax grimaced.

"Then join us." Wu offered. Grimfax smiled sadly.

"As much as I would love to, to betray the emperor would cause me to become in a state similar to your friend's over there." He refered to Lloyd.

"Then do neither. Don't fight nor change sides. Help us. Please." Wu asked. Grimfax looked up at him.

"I guess if I pretend I'm neither, he can't hurt me." He said. Wu let Grimfax up, who then crouched down and howled in pain.

"Stop it, stop it!" Wu watched as Grimfax's arm began to freeze, and he again pinned down Grimfax. The ice retreated from his arm, but part of his arm stayed black.

"Can you please end this?" Grimfax pleaded. Wu looked at Grimfax, who stared at him with sorrowful eyes. Sympathetically, Wu brought his bamboo over Grimfax, and knocked him out. Seeing him unconscious without pain, Wu tossed him into the snow, and ran to help the other ninja.

Cole fought against two people, and Jay did the same. Wu looked over to watch Nya with Akita. Akita had finished her fight, and clutched onto her brother, who laid in his own pool of blood. Nya did the same to Lloyd, but Wu saw her tired facial expression.

"We need to end this." Wu shouted to the two.

"Sensei Wu, these guys are really hard to fight! It'll take us a while before I can even take down one." Jay replied, dodging a foot from one of the soldiers, and a sword from the other. Jay took the foot from the soldier and threw the soldier at the second one. The two flew over the hillside. Before Jay let out a triumphant stance, the soldiers stood up, unaffected. Jay let out a groan.

"Master Wu, perhaps you should go on without us. Jay and I can handle them. Right Jay?" Cole took the soldier's arm, and used his RX punch on the other soldier's face, sending him flying. As for the other soldier's arm, Cole kneed his face and threw him.

"Right." Jay flashed Wu a confident smile, and ran at the two soldiers with lightening in his hands.

"Akita, can you come with me?" Wu asked, hoping for a guide to the castle. Akita looked at him like a mad man, and held her brother closer to her.

"Just go over the mountain, and you'll see it. I can't leave my brother here, especially when he's close to his death." Akita replied. Wu nodded in understanding, and he took off to Kai and P.I.X.A.L.