Episode 23: (Final Part 3)

Zane blinked, shocked at the spectacle before him. Lloyd stood in front of him, and the other three next to him.

"How are you still alive?" He asked. Lloyd responded by showing Zane green energy which ran through his veins.

"I felt your concentration on me weaken a bit, and Nya was able to counteract your ice. Your weak concentration also allowed the rest of us to defeat your soldiers." He responded.

Zane stared, then looked at a fragment of ice behind them. He focused on where the battle had started, and watched in surprised as only Nya remained. He then searched for his soldiers, but found them missing.

"Zane, don't worry buddy. We'll get that scroll outta your hands, and we'll save you." Cole said, punching his fists. Jay nodded in agreement, and the five looked determined, despite Wu's condition.

Zane focused on the ground, hiding his expression. The whole room descended into a cool silence. The ninja and Akita stared at him, confused, while Wu inched over to his bamboo stick. He then took and leaned against it, and Lloyd went over to help him.

"Why?" Zane said quietly. Cole and Jay watched him.

Zane had been facing his back against the group, and he turned his face towards them. The entire room felt a whirlwind encircling the castle.

"Is my plan." Zane's eyes flickered between blue and white, then settled on white. Wu felt a dark rage emerging from Zane.

Zane clutched the scroll harder. "Not going how it was meant to?!" He roared. Zane slammed the scroll on the floor, and the others were hurled onto the floor. Zane clasped the scroll, and a dark blizzard emerged outside.

All around the realm the air began rapidly dropping in temperature. The sun, which had shone as a beacon of hope against the frigid climate was snuffed out. Nya, one of the last remaining people outside dropped to the floor, shivering. She looked around her for the cause of the temperature change, and her mouth dropped open. Nya looked to find the sky void of light, and a blizzard hurling straight at her. Nya carried Kataru to run, and ran straight for the castle. However, the blizzard came at her. Nya attempted to bend the ice around herself, but the ice's fury overwhelmed her own abilities. Realizing the change, Nya screamed as the ice froze her and Kataru.

Everywhere inside the Never Realm became frozen in ice. A blizzard-like substance seized the entire realm, and re-encased those already in ice. The sky itself fell victim to the ice - darkness covering the realm. Zane's anger froze the land; and those closest to him suffered the most damage.

Zane opened his eyes with a sigh. The castle which had originally been based on ice had caved in to his powers; breaking into smithereens. But the removal of his castle didn't bother him; in fact, it gave him the opposite feeling. The ninja remained nowhere in sight, and the sun bended to his powers. His original plan was a success.

Now all that remained was to break every life form and remake them into soldiers. He would later have to find the berries discovered by Wu or Cole, but that was an easy task.

"That was a close one." Zane whipped his head around to find Lloyd protecting the group using an energy shield. The five then reared themselves in position, and Wu took the lead with his bamboo stick.

"Can't you all just die?" Zane screamed. The ninja looked at him with determined eyes.

"We came here to rescue our friend. And we aren't giving up!" Lloyd roared. Every person split up to surround Zane, and threw their elemental force at him. The blast coninuted on for a minute, but Zane flicked it off with his wrist.

Zane responded by throwing huge ice shards at each person, who dodged. Akita jumped up on one to attack him, but Zane whisked her away with the air. He shot air daggers to follow her, but Akita blocked each with her knife. The last one cut through her blade, and she jumped down and shifted into wolf form.

Jay used this opportunity to attack Zane, bringing down lightening bolts. Zane dodged each, then changed the weather to fit a blizzard atmosphere, void of lightening. Jay realized the change, and Zane blasted him with ice shards. Lloyd sailed over him throwing energy blasts, and Cole used an Rx punch at his face. Zane narrowly avoided all, and to push away his opponents, sent a circle of ice. Zane looked at the weather, then decided to use it to his advantage.

He took the blizzard at hand and summoned hail to rain down. The ninja blocked every attack, Lloyd blasting the hail. Zane then used the floor beneath him, and shot glaciers as tall as mountains at the ninja.

"Holy cow that's high!" Jay shouted, dodging a glacier. Each glacier embedded into the mountain, and the mountain eventually splintered with the damage.

"Don't let your guard down. All we need to do is get the scroll out of his hands." Wu reminded the group.

"Right!" They replied. Lloyd boosted Jay up, who threw lightening at Zane; causing Zane to throw up an ice shield. Noticing the ninja behind him, he did a backflip to dodge, but planted his hands on the ice, yeeting Cole through the air. Akita kept in her wolf form and kicked him back into the fight.

Wu watched their fight from the sidelines, doubling over. The fight he had weakened him, and he didn't know how much time he had left until the temperature would kill him off.

"Master Wu!" Wu turned to see Lloyd running over to him.

"Try using your powers inside your body." Wu smiled. He still had some things to learn from his pupils.

A large crack ruined their moment, and the two looked over to see Zane smashing the ground where Cole had stood. The impact left a huge hole in the ground, and the remaining three moved back to Lloyd and Wu.

"Is it just me, or are we getting nowhere with this?" Jay screamed.

"I hate to agree, but it seems as if Zane's doing more damage to us then us to him. I can't even feel my toes anymore." Cole replied.

The ice emperor watched the group back away from him. His frustration, rage, and hatred for the ninja burned brighter than ever before. He didn't just want to see them suffer, he wanted to HEAR them suffer, and wanted them to never return again.

Zane looked down and chuckled. His chuckle broke through the atmosphere, and the group looked at him with unease. Zane clutched the scroll, and decided to use the scroll without any restraints.