Epilogue: (Part 1)

The three ninja laid side by side, and basked in the sun.

"I never thought I'd be so happy to see the sun. I've never appreciated you more in my life then now." Jay said.

"You know what would make this better? Cake. A sweet pile of cake." Cole replied.

"Can someone give me a hand?" The ninja looked to see P.I.X.A.L. getting up.

"P.I.X.A.L.!" Wu gave her a hug, and the other ninja did the same.

"I'm so glad your ok!" Jay said.

A figure stood in the background, and watched the joyous reunion. The figure had pulled themself out the snow, and viewed the scene with a soft smile.

And this time, it was a genuine, non-sadistic smile.

He sighed. The actions he had taken against this realm would never grant him mercy; scarring the land for centuries. He turned to leave, and a voice interrupted his departure.

"Zane?" Zane looked behind him, to find every person watching him. He stood there rooted to the ground, unaware of what to do in this situation.

"Are you, are you here?" Lloyd asked. The entire group, except for Akita had tears in their eyes.

"I'm here." He said. The whole group ran towards him, and Zane laughed as they all dogpiled him.

"I'm just glad your ok." Wu said, holding a big smile. Jay, and Cole had the same expression.

"Guys!" The group turned to fight Nya running over, Kataru in her arms.

"Zane! You're back to normal!" Nya dropped Kataru to give him a hug, earning a snarl from Akita. She looked around. "Where's Kai?" Nya asked. Zane froze at her question, and Wu began to cough at her statement. Wu started stammering, but Kai appeared behind him; and P.I.X.A.L. and Wu stood in shock.

"What happened?" Kai asked. Nya only hugged him warmly, and Kai looked at Zane.

"Zane? You're okay!" He said. The two siblings laughed and cried.

"Are you ok?" Zane replied in concern. Kai looked confused at the question, but gave a yes.

"The only thing that isn't ok is my memory. Man, you must've done something really bad to make me forget what happened after I fought you." Kai murmured. Wu and P.I.X.A.L. stared at Zane, as the two were the only ones who knew about Kai's disappearance.

Zane attempted to shrug it off. "I remember knocking you unconscious, then Sensei Wu appeared." He replied. Kai nodded, while Lloyd watched Zane.

"Zane, what happened?" Lloyd asked. Like a lightbulb flickering out, the mood in the group took a dark turn. Zane sighed.

"I guess I should start from the beginning. After Aspheera blasted me into the realm, I crushed a mechanical system within my body after falling upon the rocks. When I landed, a snow storm had been occurring, so I made my way to a cave. And that was when everything got worse."

"The snow storm lasted for around a week, but wherever I was, the shelter could barely keep up with the snow. Every day, I saw the ceiling drop in feet, but I couldn't do anything about it since the entrance was blocked, and my powers weren't working. There was, however, one thing which would allow me to escape. On the fourth day of the storm, the snow had blowed in the scroll of forbidden spinjitzu. I didn't want to use it, but the cave became so low, I had to use it to get out."

The ninja nodded in understanding.

"After I escaped, I started to drift aimlessly in the realm, using the scroll to support me.  Whenever storms fell upon me, I would clear the skies. I soon mastered my abilities to the fullest; clearing avalanches and blizzards. Over time, I gradually used more and more of the scroll's power, and listened to its advice."

"Eventually, I made my way to the human village, but the scroll had dug its influence into the deepest parts of my mind. I would normally help out in the village, but at night, I would scream from visions of the future. Since the scroll boosted my powers, every dream held my worst fears; and the sad part is, they were true. Half of me rejected every dream, but the other half enjoyed the pain I inflicted upon others, so I quickly left the village in fear of myself."

"How long had you been in the realm?" Wu asked. Zane stood for a second, then replied.

"For around a year. Every day, I would look up at sky; waiting and hoping for you guys to return, but you never came. The scroll kept telling me they would never come, and fueled the bitterness in my heart - one of the reasons why I held no mercy. Nobody cared. Nobody was there. I was all alone, and no one could help me, or understand me. Around this time, I bumped into Vex."

Akita hissed, and the group turned to her. She then explained herself.

"Vex, the formless. He's a crude, manipulative man, who was cast out from our village. I had heard he was serving underneath you, whatever happened to him?"

Zane shut up at her question, glancing around them in shame, and everybody got the hint. Zane continued on.

"I had found him half frozen in the snow, and I removed the ice from him by using the scroll. I heated up a fire for him, and the man recovered. He asksd me many questions about the scroll, and I eagerly answered them as no one had had this much interest about me." Zane said.

"Vex and I soon began traversing the realm together. Since he had stayed with me for so long, I one day told him the truth about my situation. He paused at me, then confirmed the scroll's thoughts."

"None of your old friends loved you. If they truly cared for you, then they never would have left you behind. Your master has condemned you, your friends only sacrificed you to rid themselves of your existence." Vex stated. Zane looked at the ground.

"I went to bed early that night, and I left the scroll next to me. I reflected on Vex's words, and the scroll's. By now, the scroll had frozen my weakness, so I could remain apart from it and be ok. But my mind was the opposite. Dark thoughts plagued my mind, and the bitterness I had beated like a blizzard against a candle of hope. I looked down and cried, and the ice beneath me reflected the truth. I was alone, and no one cared for me. The sadness turned to anger, and I clutched the scroll; which did not hold back. The hopelessness, the pain, the misery snuffed out the candle, and left me hollow."

"They left me." I whispered that night.

"The scroll, seeing the emotional turmoil suggested another option, one which satisfied me. It offered to remove the pain, the suffering, the sadness, in exchange for payback. I eagerly accepted it, and smiled. Instead of me feeling pain, they could feel pain. I never wanted to feel compassion again. Human emotions got me in this state, so the scroll deleted every good trait I had felt; leaving me with a cruel smile. I would laugh at their suffering, and they would enjoy the misery and scream out. It's job complete, the scroll offered me all of its abilities, ready to serve a monster of a master."

Zane turned his head in disappointment. "I'm sorry for this. I shouldn't have even touched the scroll from the beginning."

Lloyd walked up to him. "It's ok, we can't blame you for this." He said. The ninja nodded, but Akita looked away in disgust.

"Ya, don't blame yourself." Cole added. Jay and Kai agreed, and Zane smiled. At least there were some he could always count on.