Episode 17: (Viewpoints)

Vex shivered as the ice castle dropped in temperature. Living with the emperor had allowed him to get used to the climate, but a drop this low meant an angry emperor. Worst, he now had the privilege of meeting the enraged ruler.

The two guards posted there must have had terrible luck. While both remained as ice statues, cracks had formed on their stature. The guards opened the doors, and Vex walked into the throne room.

Vex frantically began to warm himself up. The entire room had ice shards dangling in the air, and Vex realized the last water vapor particles in the room had turned to ice.

The ice emperor looked from his screen, then stared right at Vex. Vex crumpled to the floor, the ice turning his body hot, and Vex started screaming. The ice emperor only used his ice to threaten others, but when angered, his temper could cause the entire realm to plunge in temperature.

Vex's cries continued, and he began vomiting blood. Still, the ice emperor froze Vex's inside, and Vex shivered in fear. If the ice emperor proceeded on, he would die.

Zane relaxed on his pillage, and Vex wobbled to his knees, planting his hands on the ground and groaning in pain.

"The ninja." He started out coolly. "Are winning." Zane's statement caused Vex to look up in surprise.

"They are?" Vex asked. Zane nodded, and Vex averted his eyes. He could already feel the emperor's anger building up on him, and he screamed inside. This time, this time for sure, was the worse. Vex had never felt the emperor's power this harsh. He turned, and looked through the ice.

A reflection on the ground showed him the defeat of the soldiers, and Vex gazed in shock.

Vex felt a murderous presence on him, and he froze. He looked over slowly to find Zane next to him. Every part of him howled danger.

"If it comes down to me and the ninja, I will not hesitate." He spoke. "To freeze this entire realm." He thundered.

"But my emperor, I would die from the frost." Vex exclaimed.

"And I would have already won this battle. Your sentimental feelings have no value. You know that." He added. "Besides, your information does not anymore." Zane finished.

"What do you mean?" He said.

"This realm is already conquered. I also have new information which would allow me to continue my war in every realm. Thus, your thoughts carry no value; hence, you carry no value here." Zane said. Vex looked at him with wide eyes.

"You mean...." Vex backed away from him, and Zane frowned.

"For my most trusted advisor, you do have a tendency to run away when things aren't going swell." Zane said. Vex started running for the door, and before he touched the handle, Zane looked at him, freezing his entire body.

The ice emperor enjoyed using his powers as he reshaped Vex, removing the blood and flesh and replacing it with an ice duplicate. After he had finished, the duplicate bowed down.

"My emperor." Zane beckoned it towards him, and returned to his throne.

"Have Kai and P.I.X.A.L. come straight to my room. The other soldiers won't be able to deal with them." He ordered.

"As you wish." Zane sighed. As long as his remaining soldiers would defeat the ninja, he wouldn't freeze the realm. But Nya's attempts to save Lloyd bothered him. He could feel a slight nudge against his ice, but Zane used as minimal effort as possible to save his energy for other matters. In addition, he would have to create another dragon, as Wu's own had defeated his.

But the dragon would have to wait. Zane had a welcoming party to give.