Chapter Two

"I hate the bus," I said to Megan while opening my locker.

"You know you could just get your licence and this wouldn't be a problem," Megan said holding up her car key.

"Or my amazing best friend could give me a ride to school," I said pouting.

"You live like twenty minutes from my house, I love ya but nothing can make me get up early on a school day. Not even you." she said as she tied back her long blonde hair.

"Please, I beg you." I dramatically draped my arms over her shoulders.

"I bet if you got your licence mommy and daddy would buy you a nice expensive car."

"I don't know why you think my parents are rich."

"Because they basically are, I'm honestly surprised they haven't hired you your own private driver to take you to school."

"Well they're not home enough for me to complain to them." I shrugged.

"On another business trip?"

"Yeah, they won't be back for another two weeks."

"We should have a house party!" Megan said, a smile growing on her face.

"No, something will get broken," I said and crossed my arms.

"Please, for my birthday?" she asked flashing her 'puppy dog' eyes.

"Your birthday is in July."

"So?"

"It's March."

"Yeah but it's a leap year," she said with a straight face.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Exactly so house party at your house on Saturday," she smiled "Come on we'll be late for English."

"We're not having a house party."

***

After we eat our lunch, Megan and I went out to the old shed at the back of the school yard. We sat down on two old buckets and I lit a cigarette.

"So what time should I tell people to be at your house on Saturday?" Megan asked typing on her phone.

"I'll only have the party if you supply the alcohol and promise to clean up afterwards," I said taking a draw.

"Deal." she holds out her hand and I shake it.

"Who are you inviting?" I ask.

"Only like twenty people, so like fifty people will probably show up." she looked up from her phone "So, what time?"

"I don't know, ten?"

"Okay."

"You need to be with me when I ask Michael,"

"Do we really need to ask him?" Megan asked.

"He's my older brother and my parents left him in charge so yeah."

"Fine." she said pouting "Did you do the history essay?"

"We had a history essay?" I ask.

"How are you the smart one again?"

"Class starts in a minute," I said after checking my phone.

"Do we have to go?" she asked reluctantly standing up and wiping the dust off her skirt.

"This is why I'm the smart one, you're coming to my house after school, right?"

"Yeah and we can drive there," she said with a fake enthusiastic voice.

***

When school ended I met Megan at her car, it was an old car that used to be her brother's but it was good enough for a first car. When we got to my house we found Michael in the sitting room watching tv and scrolling through his phone.

"Hi," I said sitting down beside him on the couch.

"Hey," he glanced up from his phone.

"Megan has something to ask you," I said which causes her to quickly give me the middle finger.

"Right so, you know the way you're my favourite brother of one of my friends and you love me." she said leaning on the back of the couch where Michael sat.

"Sure," he replied.

"Well I was thinking that we should have a house party here on Saturday."

"No," he replied almost immediately.

"Aww come on, it's for her birthday." I said.

"Her birthday is in July," he said as he looked up at me.

"But it's a leap year," she said shrugging.

"Exactly." I said nodding my head.

"No," he looked back down at his phone.

"You and your band can play or you can just invite whoever you want," I said hoping to change his mind.

"Fine but I'm not cleaning up afterwards," he sighed.

"Thank you!" I gave him a quick hug.

We left the sitting room and went upstairs to my bedroom. I sat down on my bed while Megan sat down on my desk chair.

"Don't forget to tell Michael to invite all his hot friends." Megan said while spinning around on the chair.

"He only has like three friends," I said.

"Tell your brother to make more hot friends."

"I mean all three of them are attractive," I said shrugging.

"Yeah but none of them are my type, I'll just hook up with a guy from our year."

"Use protection," I said looking over at her.

"Don't worry I'm not planning on being on Sixteen and Pregnant, I want to be at least eighteen before getting knocked up," she said and I laughed "I'm being serious."

"At least get a degree first." I said still laughing.

"No promises, babies are adorable."

_______________
author's note
♡ Don't forget to vote ♡

(I had to change a small part of this chapter because I realised I made a kind of major plot hole.)