Chapter Fourteen

My date with Luke was in an hour and I still had no idea what I was going to wear. Half my wardrobe was in piles on my floor and on my bed. I couldn't decide if I should dress casual or dress up, if I should put a bit of effort or a lot of effort into my outfit.

I had never been on an actual date before, unless you count that time when I was thirteen and went to a guy's birthday party, only to find out I was the only person invited and had to spend hours with him at his house, while his mother checked on us every twenty minutes to make sure we weren't doing anything.

Twenty minutes later I picked out a pair of ripped black jeans, an over-sized band t-shirt and my Docs. I tucked the t-shirt into my jeans and quickly brushed my hair. I put on concealer, bronzer, highlighter, eyeliner, mascara and brow gel. By the time I had my makeup finished it was almost time for my date. I looked at myself in the mirror, quickly checking to make sure my outfit and makeup look good. I saw my phone screen light up in the corner of my eye and pick it up off my bed.

Luke: I'm parked down the road from your house

Me: Be there in a few minutes.

I grabbed my purse and left my room. I walked down the hall to Michael's bedroom and knocked on the door before opening it. Michael was lying on his bed, listening to music.

"I'm going to Megan's house, I'll be back later tonight," I said.

"Okay see you later," he said and I left closing the door behind me.

I left the house and walked down the driveway and out the gate. I looked down the street and saw Luke's car. I walked to the car and got in.

"Hi," I said smiling.

"Hey, you look amazing," he said and I felt heat rising to my cheeks.

"Thanks, so what movie are we going to see?" I asked.

"The new Captain America movie," he said glancing over at me.

"I love Marvel movies," I said as my face lit up.

"I know," he grinned and started driving "Do you know what my favourite movie is?"

"Anchor Man," I said.

"I'm surprised you actually know that."

"You spend most days at my house, I've overheard a lot of your conversations with Michael. Some of which I wish I could remove from my memory," I shuddered.

"Like what?" he asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Lets just say I know all four of you guys' measurements," I said cringing.

"Oh shit," he said letting out a laugh, making me laugh too.

Ten minutes later we were at the cinema. I ordered my usual, a large popcorn and a large blue slushy. Luke payed for our tickets and food after insisting that I shouldn't pay for my things. We checked the number on our tickets and went into 'Screen 3'. There was only a few other people in there, we went straight to the back and sat down.

During the movie I felt Luke put his hand on my thigh, my heart skipped a beat and I felt butterflies in my stomach. I never thought such a simple thing could have such an effect on my. I looked over at Luke and I could see a slight smile on his face through the dark. I looked back at the screen, a smile forming on my face. I leaned my head on his shoulder and continued to watch the movie.

When the movie ended and the lights turned on, we got up out of our seats and made our way out of the cinema.

"The movie was so good," I said getting into the passenger seat of Luke's car.