Chapter Thirty Five

author's note

while writing the next chapter I realised that I didn't write something in this chapter that I thought I did so I had to update this chapter for the next to make sense. this chapter is basically still the same except for the ending

___________________

It was the last day of school before summer started. I got out of bed with more energy than usual, from knowing I wouldn't have school for another six weeks after today. (A/N- As someone from Ireland where we get three months off for summer, six weeks seems so short) I went through my normal school morning routine of putting on my uniform, eating breakfast and brushing my teeth. I only brought a small bag with only my pencil case and lunch in it instead of my usual schoolbag and books with me to school. I didn't plan on doing any school work on the last day of school.

When I got to school I went straight to my locker, where I met Megan, who was shoving the few books left in her locker into her bag. I opened my locker and groaned at the sheets of paper and wrappers that littered my locker. There was a book or two somewhere in the pile of rubbish. I dragged a bin from down the hall to in front of my locker and pushed everything into the bin.

"Oh there's my English book," Megan said looking into the bin, she went to take it out but decided against it.

"Are you doing anything after school?" I remembered that Luke and Michael invited me to go to the beach with them, Calum and Ashton.

"I was thinking of going to a party but I haven't decided yet," Megan shrugged and closed her locker.

"Want to go to the beach?" I shoved the bin away from us when I started to smell the rubbish from it.

"Who's going?" she asked putting her bag on her back.

"Luke, Michael, Calum and Ashton."

"Okay, what time?"

"Around five, we can collect you from your house or you can just come over to my house after school and borrow one of my bikinis."

The bell rang and we walked to class, continuing to talk about our after school plans. In most of our classes we watched youtube or netflix, or just talked and did no work. In our maths class we did a table quiz and our teacher handed out sweets and chocolate to the winners bringing out competitiveness in most of us. Megan and I won the first round and then halfway through the second round we were losing so bad we decided to write the funniest answers to make whoever had to correct our sheet laugh.

When school was over Megan drove us to my house. My parents weren't home when we got there, they were probably off doing something work related, I didn't care. We went up to my bedroom and started packing a beach bag. Megan picked out a bikini to wear and I gave her a pair of shorts and a top to wear. I got my favourite blue bikini out of my drawer and grabbed shorts and a loose tank top to wear.

We took off our school uniforms, leaving in a mess on the floor and put on the bikinis. After we put on sunscreen, I got a text from Michael saying they were outside, just before the doorbell rang. I went downstairs and opened the door, letting them in.

"Are you ready?" Michael asked me, walking into the house.

"Nearly, Megan is coming too," I said and ran back upstairs "We're going soon," I grabbed two hoodies from my closet, for if it gets cold, and put them into the beach bag.

Megan and I put on our shorts and tops and went downstairs to the guys.

"Bring food!" Michael shouted when I got to the bottom of the stairs.