Chapter Thirteen

"I'm home!" I called out as Charlie and I walked in the door.

"Hey," Luke said walking out of the kitchen with a bowl of cereal.

"Where's Michael?" I asked following him into the sitting room.

"Taking a shower," he said and sat down on the couch.

"Are my parents home?"

"No," he said eating cereal.

"Do you buy any of your own food?" I asked amused, ever since we were kids my parents had to buy extra food because Luke would always help himself to whatever was in our kitchen.

"Sometimes," he said eating another spoonful.

"Who's this?" I turned around to see Michael standing at the door looking at Charlie.

"I'm Charlie," she said giving him a smile.

"Didn't I see you at the party?" Luke asked recognising her.

"Yeah you did, she just moved to my school," I said.

"My baby sister finally has more than one friend," Michael said giving me a side him and I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up, I need to get an A on my biology test tomorrow so we're going to go study now," I said walking past Michael and into the hall.

"Since when do you study?" Michael asked raising his eyebrow.

"Since Dad took my phone away and biology is one of the few subjects that I have to actually try, to get an A," I said walking upstairs, Charlie following me.

"So what is the test on?" Charlie asked sitting down on my bed.

***

Wednesday

Charlie and I had spent two excruciatingly long hours studying and if I didn't get an A, I would probably cry. We had gone over every possible topic and question that could come up.

"You ready for the test?" Megan asked me as we waited outside the classroom for Ms Brown to show up.

"Hope so." I said leaning my head back against the wall I was standing in front of.

"Why do you care so much about getting your phone back? You still have a phone you can use," Charlie asked.

"All my pictures and stuff are on there plus I can't text anyone or see the texts that my phone is getting, this phone doesn't have a sim card," I said holding up my temporary phone.

"If you want I can just write my name on my test in pencil so then if I get an A and you don't, you can just put your name on mine," Megan whispered to me as Ms Brown unlocked the classroom door.

"That's actually a good idea, I really want to actually get an A though," I said and we went and sat down in our assigned seats.

Ms Brown handed out the tests and I for once knew most of the answers. I wrote my name on the top of the test and started answering the questions. Maybe if my teacher wasn't a bitch, I would actually be good at biology. By the time class was over, I had answered almost all the questions except for two.

"So?" Megan asked me as we left the classroom.

"I might have actually gotten an A," I said as the three of us walked to our next class.

***

Thursday

The only good thing about Ms Brown was that she always corrected tests right after we did them so we'd get them back the next day. We all sat in our seats and waited for her to hand us our tests.

"Most of the tests were good, some not so good," Ms Brown said handing out the tests.

Please get an A, I thought to myself crossing my fingers. Ms Brown placed the test down in front of me.

"Fuck yes," I whisper yelled to myself seeing 90% and a big red 'A' at the top of my test. I turned to Megan and Charlie, holding up my test and pointing at the grade.

When I went home I went straight to my dad in the kitchen.

"I would like my phone back now," I said throwing my test on the kitchen table. He picked up the test and looked at it for a few moments.

"Okay, I don't want to see another C from you again," Dad said, he left the room and came back a minute later with my phone and handed it to me.

"Thank you," I said and left the kitchen.

I logged out of my snapchat and instagram on the phone Michael gave me before giving it back to him. In the four days that I had no phone, I got one text. One.

_______________
author's note
Sorry this was really short
♡ Don't forget to vote ♡