Chapter Seven

It had been a week since the party and I have managed to successfully avoid Luke. It was hard considering he spends more time at my house than in his own apartment.

"Name a piercing and I'll give it to you," Michael said walking into my bedroom. The piercing kit he ordered off Amazon had just arrived and he had been trying to convince me to let him pierce me all morning.

"I'll let you pierce me if you give me twenty dollars," I said sitting up on my bed.

"Deal," He said reaching for his wallet, he got out twenty dollars and handed it to me.

"Thank you," I said and put it in my back pocket.

We went downstairs where he had all his stuff laid out on the kitchen table.

"If I get an infection, you're dead," I said watching him put on gloves.

"Just sit on the table and tell me what you want pierced," He said and I sat up on the table.

"I want a septum piercing," I said.

"You want to look like a bull," he said looking up.

"Moo," I said rolling my eyes "At least I can hide it and so mam and dad won't kill you for doing it."

"Okay, hold still," he placed clamps where he was going to do the piercing.

"Is it in the right spot?" I asked taking out my phone to open the snapchat camera.

"I think so," he said shrugging.

"What do you mean you think so? I swear if you pierce through my cartilage."

"Calm down," he said checking where it was placed. I took a picture of the clamps up my nose and sent it to Megan.

Michael opened up one of the packets with the needle and got out the jewellery. He walked back over to me and lined up the needle before doing the piercing. It wasn't as painful as I thought it would be but I stung a bit.

"Hey," I heard a voice call out from the hallway.

"In the kitchen!" Michael yelled back.

"What are you doing?" the door opened and Luke walked in.

"Giving her a piercing," Michael said turning to Luke.

"Michael I currently have a needle in my face finish the piercing," I said giving him a light kick in the leg.

"Finish the piercing," Michael said imitating my voice.

"Shut up."

"I think it's great look," Luke said laughing and taking a picture.

"Delete that," I said narrowing my eyes at him.

"This is going to be my new lock screen," Luke said grinning at me.

Michael finished up the piercing and put in the horseshoe jewellery. I jumped down off the table.

"It looks nice," Luke said and I give him a small smile.

"I'm gonna go," I said not wanting to be around Luke right now.

"No you're not," Michael said "We're all going to watch a movie."

"Why?" I asked.

"I haven't seen you like all week and that's bad considering both of us were at home all week, so we're watching a movie," Michael said dragging me into the sitting room.

"What movie are we watching?" I asked sitting down on the couch.

"You pick," Michael said shrugging.

"Fine Mean Girls," I said.

"I love that movie," Luke said and Michael looked at him and raised an eyebrow "It's a good movie."

Michael found our Mean Girls DVD and turned on the TV while Luke sat down beside me. Why did he have to sit beside me? How am I meant to concentrate on the movie when I have my brother's hot best friend who rejected me right beside me. Him and his stupid perfect hair and blue eyes and amazing smile.

About twenty minutes into the movie Michael got a text.

"She texted me back," Michael said excitedly while hitting Luke repeatedly on the arm.

"Who?" I asked confused.

"A girl Michael's trying to hook up with," Luke said "What did she say?" he asked Michael.

"Her parents aren't home and she wants me to come over," Michael said getting up off the couch.

"What about the movie?" I asked not wanting him to leave.

"Fuck that I'm going to get laid," He said heading out the sitting room door "I'll be back later," he said and I heard the front door close.

We sat in silence for a few awkward minutes while the movie played.

"Thea," Luke said and I didn't reply "About last Saturday, I-"

"Don't," I said.

"I ju-" he started but I cut him off again.

"I really don't feel like hearing you tell me that you don't like me and you'll only every see me as like a sister, I get it. I'm going to go to my room," I got up and left the room before he could say anything else and went straight to my bedroom and locked the door.

I lied down on my bed and felt my eyes sting and tears started falling down my cheeks. I wiped the tears from my face and turned so I was faced down on my pillow. I soon realised that was a bad idea when I felt the pain from my new piercing and turned back over.

You're literally crying over a guy you knew you had no chance with, I thought to myself as the tears kept coming.

A few minutes later I heard a knock on my door.

"Come on Thea, lets just finish the movie," Luke said, his voice was muffled through the door.

"Go away," I said my voice cracked slightly.

"Please," Luke said and waited outside my door for a while before I heard him walk away.

A half an hour later, I was starving and decided to try sneak down to the kitchen. I unlocked my door and quickly walked down to the kitchen. I had barely got to the fridge before I noticed Luke standing at the door.

"Hi," he said awkwardly.

"I should go," I said walking past him and into the hall.

"Thea," he said and grabbed my arm.

I stopped walking and just stared at him. He didn't say anything, his eyes were glued to mine. I wanted to lean in and kiss him again and it almost looked as if he was leaning in.

"Her parents came home early," Michael said walking in the front door shirtless, with one shoe on and the other in his hand. Luke quickly let go of my arm and I stepped away from him.

_______________
author's note
I was going to get tickets to 5SOS's concert in Dublin but turns out I can't go because there's end of year transition year like interviews or something on that week and mine could be on the day of the concert or the day after so I can't go :(
♡ Don't forget to vote ♡