[34] The Temples Tales V: The Mission

Soft gasps escaped my mouth in extreme relief as I curled my toes inside the warm water.

"Curiosity over pain, " exclaimed Emily with a smile while looking up at me. "You are full of wonders, Aunt Misty."

I rolled my eyes at my own stupidity and smiled lazily. A long time being called that way. Looking at her, I shook my head humorously.

"I just had to run without care to see all you beautiful girls dancing, " I said while spreading my toes and enjoying the relaxation to my frozen feet. She chuckled while I confessed truthfully. "I missed you."

It made her smile widely. Her dark eyes lit with happiness. Without the cloak and the braids that she used to have back in the village, she looked so beautiful with those long silky hair and red dress. Her sleeves were full up to her wrists. I had almost forgotten about her beautiful thick brows.

"I missed you too, " she said, smiling softly. "I was worried about you."

My eyebrows furrowed in humor. "For me?"

"Just worried, " she said, making me breathe heavily.

My lips pressed tight as I smiled at her in adoration. She was making me feel like an aged respected woman when I was just two years elder than her.

"I was fine, Emily," I said while she smiled goofily. But the moment I blinked, all the scenes from that night's bonfire party, of the dancers, of me wetting my pants, of getting to know about Karam being a father flashes like a short movie.

"Why would you even try that on a Lycan's face?" She chuckled while pretending to listen by covering her ear. "Yes. I hear your heartbeats. They scream that you are lying."

I chuckled. "Well, it isn't easy living with the Royal Lycans. Is it?"

She giggled while leaning back and spreading her legs straight ahead on the red carpet, placing her hands a little behind herself. "My Uncle does every bit to make it easy for you."

I released a heavy breath and chuckled humorlessly.

"Does he?" I asked, thinking about what I was doing with my life. Not I, anymore. I had no control over my life now. It was now solely going on its own.

Her smile faded. To change the topic, she suddenly smiled and asked, "How was your journey? Did you like the view?"

I nodded with a polite smile. "I did. I wouldn't have managed to climb up all those sloppy paths if your Uncle hadn't taken care of me." I mumbled while looking at my lap. "Sometimes, I do realize that he is not a bad man. But he isn't decent either."

She listened quietly while I looked around the room slowly. "He might be the best male among all the Lycans here, but not among the men in the world. But then again, who am I to set my standards? It's not like I am a fairy." I chuckled sadly.

Fidgeting with my fingers, I sighed heavily. "I still get frozen sometimes at not believing that I am here and I have gotten married. That I am an Aunt, " I said while Emily smiled goofily. "That I am far and far away from home and one day, might slowly get used to being here."

The thought itself was the saddening whole of my soul.

She watched my toes curling and loosening in the bucket in thought. "The day you'll believe that this is happening for real, will be the day you will love being used to here, Aunt Misty. You'll know that you were meant to be here for your own good. Most importantly, for our pack. We need you."

Taking the red cotton cloth from the bed, she watched me raising my legs out of the bucket to place my feet on the hem. She wiped my legs gently while I blinked in relaxation.