[37] The Temple Tales VIII : The Farewell

A round of applause and cheers echoed around the big hall as Stella happily tied the red cloth around Severa's wrist.

Whenever I was in this hall, I couldn't stop myself from starting at Severa's beautifully carved face. Her hair to the length of her feet while her enchanting pose was so mesmerizing.

It was so difficult to not look at her.

"We have suffered the night, " said Lucine while standing in the middle and staring at Severa's feet.

Stella had reached her place among the rows of the girls. All the girls had bathed and freshly dressed up in their clean red dresses with the cloaks. The lamps and candles were lit on a metal plate near Severa's feet.

Alma told me that this was the last prayer before breakfast and leaving for the homes.

"We have survived the night. We have lived the night. We have enjoyed the night." Lucine said while I was standing behind her, on the side, a little ahead of the rows of the females, beside Rosetta who would glare at any chance she would get.

"Some were in pain. Some were given mercy. Some of us thrived with thrill. Some of us were fighting ourselves. Moon Goddess is the supreme. She gave strength to Severa at her weakest. Sometimes, the help comes in the form of suffering, to teach us lessons."

"Sometimes, the help comes in the form of a gift. Like a box full of roses, " she said while I breathed softly. Her cold soothing voice was so heavenly. "Or a temple filled with solace."

I closed my eyes and gulped hard.

"Like the most unexpected long turn in a journey. Like a basket with a baby lying in it."

My jaws clenched while I could feel Rosetta glancing at me. I was sure, she must probably be smirking at me.

"Now, the night has passed. We all are here, welcoming a new day. We all are filled with light, surrounded by thunder and lightning, showing us that the pain will go away slowly. With our horrors deeply carved in our minds and prayers in our hearts. With our longing for our mates in our eyes and the comfort from sharing our pain with our sisters in our palms. We are not alone. We have each other. We have Severa with us. We have Moon Goddess watching over us. We have this temple as our home."

I breathed softly while she added, "Last night, we kept Severa from getting the moonlight for her comfort. In return, she asks you to visit your homes and get another chance of finding your mates. She is not keeping us away from our mates. She is keeping us closer to ourselves. And finally, with kindness and purity in our hearts, we smile and pray for the good of this world. For our pack. For the land, we live on. For the families, we were born into. For the souls to find their peace."

"We pray. We pray. We pray." The voices echoed.

I closed my eyes and thought about what I could pray for. The first thing that came in my mind was for Karam to be pure by heart and loyal to me. For him to be innocent. 

And then, I prayed for my loved ones to be happy and alright. Before I could even take the names, I could sense the girls raising their heads back to normal while I was still bowing. So, I hurriedly asked for the luck to get across the border.

"The doors of this temple are and will always be open for the people in need. For her followers. Have faith in her and she will take care of you. Severa wishes you all a happy journey and gives you blessings. May you all find your mates soon."

Goosebumps rose as the girls chanted, "Severa. Severa. Severa. Severa."

The hall was filled with the chants in medium notes. Lucine sprinkled the petals of flowers over Severa's feet and bowed her head for the last time.