Chapter 12: Complicated

(Hoseok's POV)
I was back home doing laundry with my earbuds in when I felt a painful smack on the back of my head. "Ouch!!" I yelled and turned to see Yoongi hyung standing there with arms crossed. "What did I do now?" I asked while rubbing the reddening area.

"I don't know. You tell me." I looked at him confused. Why did I get smacked then? "Why did Yuna run to BigHit's rooftop and cry her eyes out while blabbing about you avoiding her?" I felt a sting in my heart. Well, more like a huge butcher knife digging into my heart.

"I didn't mea-.."

"Yeah. But you did." He interrupted me. "That girl is like my baby sister. I will protect her the same way I protect all of you. So fess up. How and why did you screw up?" He was getting to the point without sugarcoating anything.

"It's complicated." I tried to get out of it but hyung wouldn't budge. I sighed. "I saw her in the morning.." I said and hoped he'd get it.

"So? Don't we all? On a daily basis.." He didn't get it. I cannot believe I'm about to say this.

"In her apartment.." Still didn't get it. "In her sleeping attire." Is he really gonna make me spell it out? "Hyung, she was wearing a t-shirt and lace bottoms." I finally said it.

"Oh.."

"Yes."

"I still don't get why you're avoiding her." I rolled my eyes and slapped my forehead. He can really be dumb sometimes.

"Hyung it's been almost a year." I stated and looked down. He followed my gaze and responded with another 'oh'. "Every time I look at her I see THAT. And I honestly don't wanna seem like a pervert who shows up with a tent in his pants every time he sees her." I explained.

"So you're just going to avoid her?" He asked and honestly, he has a good point but I think I just need more time.

"No, I just need more time to get it out of my head." I said and he smacked the back of my head again. "OUCH!! Hyung will you stop doing that?"

"You better not make her cry again Hobi. You know how much she means to us. It's only been a couple of months but she's already one of us. Don't screw this up." He warned me but I couldn't help but feel warm and fuzzy knowing that whatever happens to me, she'll always have the rest to protect her.

(Yuna's POV)
A couple of days had passed since my breakdown in Yoongi's arms. I've been away from BigHit and with JYP to help Stray Kids with their comeback's choreos. I've known those kids since they were still trainees, so helping them this time is a piece of cake. It's also a bonus that they take my mind off of Hobi and all the drama.

I went home after my last day at JYP and saw Taehyung by my door waiting for me. "Tae? What are you doing here?" He was on his phone but looked up at me when he heard my voice.

"Need a drinking buddy." He lifted a bottle of bourbon in his hand and smiled weakly. Oh, someone's having a rough day.

"How long have you been waiting and why didn't you text me? I would have been home sooner." I said as I opened the door. "Also, you already know the passcode, why didn't you let yourself in?" I asked.

"Yuna, you sure ask a lot of questions." He sighed as he entered my humble abode. "Terrace." He said that one word before he helped himself out, grabbed glasses and went out to the terrace. I changed into a more comfy attire and walked out to join him. "You look nice." He pointed his almost empty glass at my outfit.

"Thanks?" I asked confused. "Are you drunk already?"

"Not drunk. Just sick of this shit." I'd be lying if I said I wasn't taken aback by his strong language. It may be hard to believe but these men are never impolite or disrespectful, they rarely even curse. This is my first time hearing Taehyung cursing.

"Tae.. What's wrong?" I asked as I poured myself a drink. "You know you can tell me right?" He nodded.

"You already know that I want to write my own songs." I nodded. "But see, my mind's been blocked for some reason and having pressure from the company along with their nagging to finish up the songs is really frustrating.."
And just like that, the night was spent over drinks and talks about frustration and work stress. We both blacked out within a few hours.

Or so I thought.

The sun warmed my bare skin as a cold gust of wind hit. I woke up feeling a warm, heavy blanket covering me. Wait, why is the blanket moving? "WHAT THE FUCK?!" I yelled as I sat up straight and pushed Taehyung off of me. A completely naked Taehyung off of my completely naked body.

"Ahhhh stop yell-.. what the hell?!" He cut himself mid-sentence. "What happened last night?" He asked clearly as confused as I am.

"Bourbon happened." I said as I started to collect my clothing items and throwing his at him. "Taehyung. Whatever we did last night. It didn't happen." I stood there dead serious, with only a shirt on and panties.

"Agreed." He nodded as he was putting on his own hoodie.

Just in time, we both heard a knock on the door. We were both mouthing profanities and panicking. "Who is it?" I yelled at the door and Taehyung just facepalmed and mouthed 'where the fuck should I go now?' And I mouthed an 'I don't know. Just go.'

"It's ummmm. It's Hobi." Our eyes widened and he ran to my room. I opened the door with the best sleepy face I could put on. "Yuna, for the love of god wear something?" He said after covering his eyes.

"This is how I sleep Hobi. This is my home. What do you want so early in the morning?" I scoffed. Hoping it doesn't show how nervous I actually am.

"Morning? It's 12 pm Yuna." He furrowed his brows. "Also, have you seen Taehyung? We've been looking for him."

"I literally just woke up Hobi. Where could I have seen the man?" I retorted. Again, hoping for the fact that Jinyoung's acting skills had been shared in our DNA. "What do you even want?"

"I wanted to talk.." He opened his eyes but only focused on mine. He was such a gentleman, careful not to let his eyes wander.

"What? Now you wanna talk? I have to talk to you whenever you want. But when I wanted to talk it was okay for you to ditch me and ignore me for a couple of weeks?" I snapped. Hangover and the fact that I am not a morning person plus the situation I woke up to, all piled up, hit hard and bursted out on poor Seokie.

"You're right. I uhhhhh..." He tried to find the right words but I'm guessing he couldn't.

"The least you can do is feed me, apologize, explain then we might get to the talking." He laughed as if he was relieved. "Now get out of here. Meet me at downstairs. I'll just take a quick shower and be down in a bit."

"I'll be waiting." He smiled brightly as he nodded and disappeared behind the elevator doors.

Fuck.