Chapter 17: My best friend. Mine.

A couple of weeks had passed since that night. As promised, nothing had changed between us, it wasn't awkward or uncomfortable. If anything, I think it made us more comfortable around one another. A few nights were spent at my place, we used to dance as a form of stress relief but now we have a new way to relax.

It was never awkward. Because we were best friends it was easier to talk to one another about our likes and dislikes, it wasn't offensive to anyone. It was a perfect relationship. Only downside was... I was deeply in love with him.

We were at the practice room. Bangtan and their backup dancers, practicing the choreographies for the upcoming tour.
Suhee and I had divided our roles as the main backup dancers based on the songs. I had Kookie's Euphoria, Jimin's Filter, Hobi's Just dance and the rap line's Ugh. She got the rest of the solo songs and we agreed on both of us dancing alongside the boys during their other songs as a group. It was working out well.

Well, at least it was..

"Oppa, what do you say I switch with Yuna for Just Dance?" Suhee was talking flirtatiously with Seokie, doing unnecessary stretches to accentuate her curves, as we were doing our cool-down exercise. I rolled my eyes excessively and met Joon's. He gave me the I-told-you-so look.

Okay so maybe he was right about this being a terrible idea but at least she'd take some of the attention off of me.

"I don't think it's professional to suggest such things a couple of days before tour starts Suhee-ssi." He said coldly as we finished up and he grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge I sat next to.

Everyone scattered, some packed their stuff and went on their way and some were chatting at the far end of the room. Suhee on the other hand, followed Hoseok to the fridge and brushed her fingers against his before taking his bottle of water and taking a sip. I sat there dumbfounded at the audacity she had to pull such things in front of. So maybe we're not a thing me and Seokie but he's my best friend. Mine. "Come on Hobi, it'll be fun." She said flirtatiously and I was still in shock. Like, hello? I'm right here? "Okay, okay.. what do you say we go out for a drink? Just you and me.. for old times' sake." For old times' sake?

I stood up straight, gathered up my stuff in my duffel bag. I bumped into Hoseok while doing that. How did it not cross my mind that he had done what we've been doing the past couple of weeks with someone else. Someone like Suhee. Am I just like her? Did I throw myself at him as much as she's doing? Oh my god.

"Oh, Yuna. I didn't see you there." She smirked devilishly. The hell you didn't. She knew that he's my best friend, she's been jealous of how close I am with the boys so she chose him? Ugh!

"Yeah, I was just heading out." Hoseok held onto my arm and looked me with a I-can-explain look but I just pulled my arm out of his grip. "Have fun with your drinks. I have to go." And just like that, I stormed off. I knew this was a bad idea. I did this to myself. We both agreed that it was friends-with-benefits type of situation. I'm only hurting because I agreed to this. I only have myself to blame.

Later that night Jinyoung came over with his members. I promised him a home cooked meal, mom's lemon chicken and pasta.
The hyung line of BTS ended up in my apartment while the maknae line of Got7 were up in Bangtan's penthouse. Only Youngjae had to call it a night because he had an early schedule and of course Hoseok was nowhere to be found. No need to wonder where he was. No need to ruin my mood for the perfect dinner with my brother and our friends. Wherever he is I hope he...

"Ummmm Yuna?" Jinyoung yelled out from the entrance.

"What? The chicken's almost do-.." What the hell. "Seok? Seokie? What happened?" I ran up to drunken Hoseok, barely standing on his feet.

"You're so DUMB!!" He yelled and I felt like I was slapped in the face by the smell of alcohol.

"Okay big boy. I know you're drunk but you can't talk to my sister like that." Jinyoung said to him as he held him up.

"Joon!!" I yelled for Joon to come help us with this whole situation. "Can you please take him to my room?" I asked, then mentally facepalmed for saying MY room even though I have two other guest rooms. "What? Don't look like that, you guys will get drunk and take the two rooms. I can sleep on the sofa there. It's really not the time to be doubtful." I scolded them.

Soon, everyone who were scattered around my apartment came into my room to check on Hoseok. "But why did he come here? Not straight to the penthouse?" Jackson asked.

"Yeah and why did he call you dumb? Did you two fight or something?" Jinyoung kept the investigation going.

Everyone started asking questions except for Yoongi who seemed very calm and collected, at that moment I was sure he knew about us already. And so did Jaebeom.