Chapter 32: From Afar

"How are you feeling?" He asked with a hint of hesitation in his voice.

"It feels exactly the way it looks like." I faked a smile.

"Yuna, I'm so sorry." He just started with an apology but my vision got blurry with tears so I averted his gaze and looked up at the ceiling, in hopes my tears would just disappear. The flashbacks of how his lips were on hers, her arms wrapped around his neck as he held onto her tiny waist came haunting me as soon as he spoke. "I shouldn't have let that happen. I'm just so sorry. You don't deserve this." He held my hand but I hissed at him so he let go. "I don't wanna lose you. I can't afford to lose my best friend."

"You should have thought about that before kissing her." I was so hurt and annoyed, I looked him dead in the eye. "Before you decided to start a relationship with me."

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have started this whole thing."

"What is this whole thing? Us?" I scoffed. He's regretting starting the relationship not kissing her. Wow.

"I'm so confused Yuna, when I saw her I jus-.."

"You're NOT seriously venting to me about her!" I yelled at him.

"I just need you to understa-.."

"Understand that you wanna put our relationship on hold and date her until she leaves again? Then you can come running back to me? Your second choice?"

"What? No, I just want to figure things out. But Yuna, you promised you won't give up on us." I scoffed.

"I'm NOT the one running around shoving my tongue into someone else's mouth!" I was so angry, I wanted to pull out my iv and leave. "You're the one with the trust issue but you sure as hell working wonders to break mine."

"That's not fair."

"Yeah, no joke."

"You can't use that against me."

"So I'm supposed to be the good little thing that does everything for you, care for you and wait for you while you're running around with some other girl so you can 'figure things out'?" I laughed hysterically because if I didn't I probably would have blacked out again. "Hoseok, if you feel like you're put in a position where you have to choose between me and her, please, I'm begging you, do not choose me. I don't want to be the second best thing." No one wants to feel like that.

"Fine. I'm done trying to keep you. You're always walking away." I scoffed for the millionth time.

Am I seriously being blamed for this?

"And yet, I'm not the one who ran after another girl and kissed her. Now am I?"

"Whatever you say Yuna. At least I know she won't cheat on me."

"I never did. But sure, -she's- not a cheater. She's just gonna walk away whenever she pleases." I shrugged my shoulders.

"You don't even know her."

"Oh, my bad. But just so we're clear, I will not be there when she finally leaves and you need someone to lean on."

"Fine."

"Fine."

He walked out angrily. Some of the boys came in as the others ran after him. I was so sure they heard everything because none of them even tried to ask me about it. Yoongi said nothing when he approached me and held my hand as he had a sympathetic look on his face. I started to sob uncontrollably. I felt my irritable colon retaliating against the emotional stress I'm in along with the physical pain in my chest. My cries only got louder which caused worry to everyone in the room and the nurses as they rushed in to sedate my pained body back to sleep.