XII. (interlude, semi-nsfw)

"Cito fit quod dii volunt." -Gaius Petronius

What the gods want happens soon.

Edward Chen opens his eyes to reveal himself in a room that is not his. The sheets are white, the room of the wall is gray and the room felt so homely and familiar. There is a little boy in his arms that is cuddling him back. He was wearing his sweaters and pajamas and the room is a bit cold. He pulled the blanket closer to him and the unknown boy and wrapped it around them.

He does not know why he is not panicking about the the fact that he does not know the kid but holds him closer. It feels like his son and someone so dear to him.

"Eddy, wake up, beautiful." A very familiar voice said.

"Brett?"

"Oh, you are awake. Let Julian sleep for a while. Come with me so we can have breakfast."

Brett kissed his cheek and removed the blanket that was wrapped around Eddy. Eddy faced Brett and kissed him softly on the lips. Brett held him up and Eddy just hugged Brett in place. Everything there seemed so easy and loving has no limitations.

"Where am I?"

Eddy asked as he basks in the feeling of Brett's arms around him. The warmth is so comforting but the tingles and sparks just never fades. It is extraordinary yet everything about it is so familiar, so close to his heart.

"Brett, I will be there, just give me a minute. Wait for me, okay?"

"I'll wait for you even if it means waiting until the day that I die."

With that, Eddy gets up from the bed and looked at the boy sleeping underneath the covers. He looked so angelic and peaceful. It is like the boy was so close to him but not close enough. The room looks tidy, it must have been Brett that cleans.

He leaves the room to check out the other rooms. The one that pulls Eddy in is a room with a different color door. Most of the rooms in the house have wooden doors but this one is painted white. He enters the room to be greeted by a grand piano that is not new yet it is not old either. Their violins are next to each other, safely placed on a leather couch that could not be touched. There are gray squares posted on the wall, but it does not seem to look like decorations.

He leaves the room and goes to the next one. The walls of the room are sky blue and it is filled with toys and the bed cover is a floral peach color. This must be Julian's room. The other rooms were not out of the ordinary, as it was just a child's room.

The other rooms are not out of the ordinary, just a bathroom and the main living room and kitchen. He went to the dining table to find Julian sitting at a chair and Brett giving him breakfast. He approached Brett and gave him a kiss on the cheek and the man smiled sweetly at him. They all ate breakfast together.

Brett and Eddy sent Julian to school. After they did, they simply went home. Edward just assumes that they were already soloists because it seemed like they had no nine to five jobs. Brett seemed to have other ideas as he entered the room with the piano.

He coaxed Eddy to come with him and it seemed like they were playing a piece, for violin and piano. Eddy does not know how but his fingers dance around the keys as if it was working with muscle memory. Eddy is amazed at how his fingers moved but the melody that Brett was playing is sweeter than anything else. It was almost sickeningly sweet, he could taste it on his lips.

Ah, yes, the great Brett Yang played the violin as if he owned the feeling. He played as if he was the one who created love. Eddy was already supporting the melody but somehow he has his own spot as a soloist. He never knew that he could play the piano this greatly.

They do say that two people could make love, but this was better than making love. They were creating it with music and it seems as though it would never end. Maybe it is how their life played out, never-ending nor closing, just continues to play different melodies that are interwoven.

Eddy also noticed that there was something different about society now. It seemed as though they were not the only "different" couple. It seemed as though a lot of people are already open with homosexual relationships? It seemed as though they were now normal and need not to hide.

It was also amazing how Julian was not afraid of having two fathers. He seemed proud of the fact that his fathers are the way they are. Eddy did not know what to do with all these feelings and realizations. So, without meaning, the tears spill down his cheeks.

He did not allow himself to stop, both his playing and his tears. Brett noticed this and put his violin down on the nearby desk. He sat down on the piano stool next to Eddy and wiped the younger's tears away.

"Lovely, why are you crying?" He asked, tone filled with concern and love.

"It is nothing for you to worry about. I am just glad that we ended up together in this house and with Julian. I am just happy because we are free to love now." Eddy said honestly, tears still running down his face.

"No, Eddy. I am glad that you chose to be with me. Do not ever leave me, okay? Not in this lifetime, the next one or the previous one."

"I could never imagine leaving you."

"I am glad that we are on the same page. I love you, Edward Chen."

"I love you too, Brett Yang. Maybe too much."

Nothing was spoken after that exchange, instead Brett kissed the tears streaming down Eddy's cheek. He caressed the skin softly and leaned down to kiss the younger man. The younger man slowly moves on top of Brett's lap and the older man deepened the kiss. Eddy had his fingers buried in Brett's soft hair and the older man pulls him close by placing his hands on his waist.

Eddy cannot help but cry out in pleasure, the kiss unlike any other that he had. Brett signaled him to get up and without breaking the kiss, Eddy does so. Brett grabbed his hand and lead Eddy to their bedroom. Once they were in the bedroom, Brett simply discarded both of their clothing clumsily.

After they were both stripped of their clothes, Brett leads him under the white sheets. He laid Eddy down and started kissing him, doubling the passion and the heat from the initial kiss. Eddy was about to flip them but Brett held him steady. Brett pulled away from the kiss just to whisper against Eddy's lips.

"I'll take care of you, darling. Just lie down and keep being beautiful."

Eddy, weak with the action, obliged easily. Brett continued their interrupted kiss with the same passion and heat. After needing to breathe in, Brett pulled away from the kiss only to attack his neck. Now, Eddy was really ticklish so when Brett's breath hit his neck, he simply shivered. Brett, delighted with how the younger man reacted, peppered his neck with kisses as light as feathers brushing against skin.

Eddy tangled his fingers in Brett's hair as Brett nipped at the soft spot. Eddy cannot help but whimper and pull on Brett's hair. Brett took this as a sign of pleasure and stared to suckle on the sensitive skin, probably leaving a mark that will turn into a purple hue. Brett did this with other spots in his neck as his hands explored Eddy's body.

Just as Eddy thought that he could not grow weaker, Brett rolled his nipples with Brett's fingers. Eddy cannot contain the noises that slip out of his mouth effortlessly. Brett now started trailing his lips down Eddy's body. Eddy is feeling his body betray him, his ticklishness has now successfully aroused him. Brett used this to his advantage and sucked on the nipple he was just toying with and proceeded to toy with the other.

Eddy cannot contain his excitement and the noises that slip out of his mouth. Brett alternated between the nubs and now decided to tease his skin. Brett starts kissing the body slowly, trailing down with his hot breath, occasionally using his tongue. Brett noticed that Eddy covered his mouth with his own hand. He takes the younger's wrist and removed the hand from his mouth.

"Darling, you cannot cover your mouth. I want to hear you. Never be ashamed of how I make you feel."

Brett trailed down, lips so close to Eddy's member.