XVI.

"Usus est magister optimus." -Latin proverb

Practice is the best teacher.

"Now, try again. Go in much slower and gentle." Brett said, guiding Eddy's head towards his.

They were alone in Brett's room. No one was around since it was a busy day for his father and brother. Eddy was hesitant but he leaned down gently. Eddy lightly pressed his lips against Brett's, following his instructions. Eddy's hands were shaking but Brett held them, steadying Eddy's hands.

Brett allowed Eddy to lead the kiss.

Eddy was gentle now, softly moving their lips against one another. After a few moments he decided to trace his tongue on the outline of Brett's lips. Brett moaned as a response to Eddy and Eddy took the opportunity to explore it. He went in deep but Brett pulled away.

"Eddy, darling, that was good. You still use too much teeth for it to be pleasurable for me. But the way you started was good." Brett said, catching his breath. Eddy sighed and lied down on Brett's bed.

"I never know how to not use teeth. It is a part of me, for your information. I was just exploring your mouth so much. It is not like I can remove the-"

Eddy was soon speechless by how Brett kissed him with the same gentleness at the start but with depth when he's exploring Eddy's mouth without using his teeth. Once he was contented he pulled away, looking into Eddy's eyes. Brett was admiring the way Eddy looked at him.

"But, that is not fair! You are older at me, so you are much better naturally. Besides, I do not know if you had a past lover that you got to practice with before." Eddy said defensively, but he was still holding on the nape of Brett's neck.

Brett repositioned them so they were lying down on their sides.

"Are you insinuating that you are not my first lover ever?" Brett said, pretending to act offended but he was not.

"It is possible. No one could kiss like that without ever practicing. I bet you had a lot of practice to be able to kiss people so good that they cannot form words." Eddy protested.

"Eddy, lovely, do you really think that I have the time to fool around when I wanted to be a soloist as soon as I graduate?" Brett asked, toying with Eddy's hair. His hands going down to gently pinch Eddy's cheek. Eddy smiled at Brett.

It seemed as though in that moment, nothing would matter as long as they were in each other's embrace. As selfish as it sounds, both of them wanted the world to end at that very moment. For they do not fear dying as long as they die as they are now. They just want this to last.

Eddy held Brett tighter just so he could be closer to him. Brett surrendered and held Eddy back. Eddy placed his face on Brett's neck and took in his scent. If this is the closest thing to heaven, then they might as well just bask in the feeling and the atmosphere.

Eddy nuzzled his nose against Brett's neck, as a result Brett played with his hair. They were both enjoying the silence and the warmth but Eddy thought of a question that has been haunting him for months now.

"Brett?" Eddy asked, voice muffled due to his nearness on Brett's neck. Brett felt the vibrations on his neck and suppressed a shiver.

"Hmm?" Brett asked, fingers still buried in Eddy's hair.

"Are we officially together now?"

A moment of silence passed by ever since Eddy's question left his mouth. He was scared to ask but it felt like the right time to ask Brett. Brett cleared his throat and never removed his embrace from Eddy's body.

"Well, did you see anyone during the time we've known each other?"

Eddy pulled away from Brett's neck and propped himself on his arm, shocked by Brett's answer.

"Well, of course not! Why, did you?"

Eddy was a little offended that Brett would ask this but the older just smiled.

"Then it is official. We need not a thing to call this relationship of ours if our loyalty is for each other already. I am fine as we are because you already have my heart without you even asking for it." The older man spoke, eyes softening but glowing with love.

"Brett, I- I never knew that you felt like this. I thought you need not distractions before you leave as a soloist! I mean, I am grateful that I have your heart but how could I handle it every time you leave me?" Eddy asked, still sitting up with tears forming on his eyes.

"That's the exact reason why I am waiting for you to become a soloist before I start my career. I want to have the same path of career you will take. I want to always be with you and that would not ever change, darling. I cannot bear to be away from you and the thought of leaving the love of my heart hurts me..." Brett admitted, still looking up at this lovely.

Eddy sat there, speechless and crying. He never knew that Brett felt this way for him. He now felt selfish for thinking the thoughts he had uttered. Brett sat up too, wiping the younger's tears away with his thumbs. After Eddy had took it all in, he spoke up.

"From the moment I saw you play, you already had my heart. You had me captivated and I vowed to offer whatever I had to you. When I found out that you were going to be my mentor, I cannot help but feel joy. I always looked up to you and for the longest time I thought that it was just mere admiration. Turns out, I was already in love with you and I still am..." Eddy admitted quietly.

"You do not know how long I never believed in the saying that love conquers all things ever since my mother died a tragic death. Yet, you, Edward Chen... You made me believe that I could be anything as long as I have you by my side. I love you, my darling, my angel, my lovely. You are all my hopes and dreams molded into a person." Brett said, running his calloused fingertips against Eddy's spine, tracing the bone thoughtfully and carefully.

"I love you too, Brett. More than words could express and more than actions could show. You have made me feel like there is something to look forward to every morning. I am only glad that you chose me in the sea of admirers that you have got." Eddy said, melting due to Brett's touch.

"I will always choose you, lovely. It does not matter if the whole world were to bow at my feet for I will only worship you. You are the contents of my heart, my music and my sentiments. You are everything that I will ever hold on to. You need not to worry, you will have me until you tell me that you might never need me anymore. Because darling, if I am being honest, I am not too good for you but you are too good for me." Brett said, kissing the younger's head of hair.

"I love you, my hopes and dreams."

"I love you too, my solace and my everything."

Nothing more was spoken amongst the two men. They only stayed in the bed, holding each other as if to say that no one amongst them will ever let go. They stayed there for as long as they can, for they may never get the chance to hold each other in the quiet or Brett's room. It was their sanctuary, their safe haven, it was where they could be themselves without the world's bitter judgment and heavy expectations.

It was only Brett and Eddy.

They were glad to stay that way as long as life would allow them to. For they could only be anything they desire if they are with each other. They are living within each other's orbit and nothing could change that but them.

Again, Brett was not a religious man. And yet he would pray everyday, even attend church masses if it would mean to keep the love that rests on his arms at the moment. Edward Chen was not a superstitious man but he would take his mother's advice in attracting love close to him if it means Brett always being drawn to him.

Because is that not what love is? Doing things that you used to think were outrageous just to keep the love of your heart. They will stay in love and nothing could break their bond. If the world decided to take a break from living, they would be proud to call each other theirs. No matter what lifetime, the world will find a way to guide them back together.