XL. (nsfw)

"Difficile est longum subito deponere amorem." -Catullus

It is difficult at once to relinquish a long-cherished love.

The moment the two saw each other, Brett could not contain his happiness. Fate really loves them, apparently. Eddy was quite embarrassed. He did not know what to do or say but he was happy to see Brett. Especially now, he had just felt too betrayed.

Brett set his things down and had sat with them on the table. The couple had felt an unspoken tension among the two men. Still, they did not argue or anything else. They talked and had tea.

"You both do realize that we only have one room spare for the two of you, right?" Belle said, words cutting straight to the point.

"It is fine, I would sleep on the couch." Brett said, not wanting to let Eddy sleep there.

"No. I am the unexpected guest, you should sleep on the room." Eddy argued.

"No, I am shorter than you. You would not fit in the couch, I would sleep." Brett replied.

"You could both sleep on the same bed..." Alexander said, knowing that his brother wants the arrangement.

"No, that would not be ideal. I would take the couch. No more arguing, Eddy." Brett said and Eddy cannot help but just agree.

Brett for changed and so did Eddy. The way they moved around each other was awkward. Brett cannot deny the fact that Eddy did not look the same as he did the last time Brett saw him three years ago. Eddy looked tired but there was a glow in his face, as if he was not chained anymore.

Eddy observed Brett, he seemed a lot calmer. He looked older and he had a few gray hairs now. He seemed happy, though. That was evident on his face, especially the way he holds himself. He was more confident now.

Brett laid down on the couch and went under his blankets. The same time, Eddy went to the bed and cuddled up under the bed, not used to being alone in a bed. Brett looked at the moon glowing and he cannot sleep. He cannot help but feel giddy at the thought of the love of his heart just in the next room as him.

Brett decided that he would do the bravest thing he could have ever done. He went over to the room where Eddy was and just casually laid down on the bed next to Eddy. He went under the blanket and Eddy did not seem to mind.

Brett held him close to his chest. Eddy leaned against the touch without hesitation. Brett held him tight and Eddy just leaned closer. No words were spoken between them. It was now time for Eddy to make the brave move. He turned around and faced Brett.

It was an exchange of brave moves and bold touches. They were now kissing and they both did not know who ever leaned in first. Still, decades of emotions pent up, spilled against each other's lips.

Their hands traveling territories that were once each other's. No words spoken, just actions. Year after year after year, their lips dance around each other with the symphony that Brett was creating out of Eddy. They did not know when the tears came, it was now like an opera.

The drizzle of sentiments became a storm the moment both men lost control.

"Eddy... Eddy... Eddy..." Brett whispered with tears streaming down his face. Eddy could feel his (or Brett's, he could never know) tears fall.

"Brett... I need you... Please." Eddy begged as he held on to Brett closer.

Both men were now breathless. Brett now had Eddy's consent. He continued with his actions, showing Eddy how much he still loved him. Even after all this years. Every touch was slow and gentle, yet greedy and passionate. They were taking what they both wanted, no, needed. They needed each other.

The clothes were discarded everywhere. They were bare now, both of their clothing and their real feelings. It was now up to them how to calm the storm. It was the heat and the cold mixing, the hate and the love, the unspoken words and the obvious actions, the salty tears and the sweet kisses. It was both heaven and hell.

Brett had deemed Eddy prepared for penetration as he had wetted himself before he was about to dive in. Eddy was begging for Brett and Brett simply could not refuse. Brett held Eddy's hand as he entered and Eddy held on to them tighter.

Their bodies were moving in harmony as they both feel like they were in their late teens again. They both felt everything like they did before. This time Eddy did his best to show that he did love Brett. He rolled them over and went on top. He was moving slowly, relishing every second of their love making.

They both were crying, emotions overwhelming them. The moment Brett came, Eddy kept his pace and chased his own release. The moment Eddy was finished, he went close to Brett. They had cleaned themselves up and they held each other close.

When Brett was in the right headspace again, he held Eddy close to him and whispered to his ear.

"If you and your children are in need of another house, all of you could stay at my old home. I want to help you, Eddy..." Brett whispered and kissed his lips.

"I would love that..." Eddy whispered back as he embraced Brett back, burying his head on Brett's bare chest.

They had stayed there until Eddy fell asleep. Brett did not know how his heart could betray him that much, but he brought more pain to himself than he did before. The moment Eddy was asleep, he replaced his body with a pillow. He did not want to leave, he knew it.

But he had to. He was sure that by tomorrow morning, his children will be jumping over the bed. He had dressed himself and went back to the couch and fell asleep.

Well, he cannot fall asleep.

He evaluates what he had just done. The love felt real for a moment. It was as though for a moment Edward Chen loved him. Especially how he had shed tears. It was a good theatric... Eddy keeps breaking his heart again and again. It just is sick how he allowed it.

He tried to sleep, dream land filled with heavenly violin sonatas and the feel of Edward Chen. Maybe he could be loved back now.

- - - - -

Eddy woke up earlier. He was disappointed to find himself entangled with a pillow instead of a body but he understood. He knew that his children would come bursting on the door. So, he took his scattered clothes and put it on. It was a good night. He smiled as he remembered everything.

He went out and saw Alexander on the kitchen, preparing breakfast for everyone. He decided to help. Alexander, being an overprotective brother (even if Brett was older) decided to interrogate Eddy. (Even if he was well-aware that the two made love last night, passionately he adds.)

"So, great night?" Alexander started and Eddy immediately blushed. Eddy just nodded.

"Eddy, I do not know what your intentions are but I am here to warn you. If you really are unsure of what you feel towards my brother, quit playing games..." Alexander warned.

"I am not playing games. I did love him and I still do now! It never changed..." Eddy said, defending himself.

"What about that time, your graduation? You suddenly just announced that you were to marry Irene. It broke my brother!" Alexander scolded.

"It was wrong. I caved in to the pressure of my mother. I just knew she would not allow me to love him. I know I should have fought for him and not hurt him like that... I do not want to hurt him, anymore. I want to love him completely now..." Eddy admitted.

Alexander looked at Eddy. He did not seem like he was lying. He let it go and sighed.

"Well, if you mean that, tell him and not me. It would mean a lot to him. Take care of him... He had been through a lot. All those years, he was never angry at you. He was still in love with you." Alexander admitted.

"I promise... I will tell him as soon as we are alone." Eddy said, smiling at Alexander.

Belle entered the kitchen and hugged Alexander. She helped the two men with the breakfast as Alexander will be going to his work soon. Today might also be the day that Eddy and the kids move in with Brett in his childhood home. Eddy was excited because he missed hearing Brett play.

Everyone gathered around the table and ate breakfast happily. Brett and Eddy stealing glances throughout the entire time. This is how they knew something changed again.