Chapter 1

Miley

A*shole!

Son of a b*tch!

Motherf*cker!

Walking STD!

All the cursing followed after the memory of Joseph cheating on me with that b*tch, Emily, appeared in front of me.

Even though the time was short but the feelings I grew for him were true. But in the end, it proved that "love" wasn't real. It was just a word human made to conserve the leftover humanity in them.

Unfortunately the memory flooded again, the day I planned to surprise him, instead got slapped by truth on my face. They both were lying on the bed... Naked.
The smirk on Emily's face didn't go unnoticed by me.

Without saying a word I left his place, him following me to the elevator but eventually like our relationship he gave up. And today my phone was continuously buzzing with apologies flooding in my lockscreen.

He realized his mistake quite early.
I remarked bitterly.

After cleaning the table, I walked back to the counter. I worked in a small cafe which was owned by an elderly woman. She was a widow with a son who worked in a company. The environment of the cafe was captivating. The aroma and the vibes were capable of curing negativity. The soft music playing in the background worked as an icing on the cake.

"Earth to Miley" Gabrielle laughed. She was the woman who would find humour in every situation. I always hated her amiable nature. I never believed how could she keep a cheerful face even in front of rude customers.

"What?" looking at her blankly, I asked.

"I called your name five times but you were busy staring that table" she laughed harder.

I was still trying to solve the mystery behind her laughter.

"Why were you calling me?" I asked, sighing.

"Yeah that, Mandy said we can leave now. She's closing early today" she informed and my eyes fell on the clock hung on the white wall which had paintings hung to hide the coffee stains left by some kind customers.

Deciding to go to a club to lighten my mood due to sufficient time I had, which was a rare chance in my life, I exited the cafe.

*

I was sitting, drinking my non alcoholic drink and looking at couples eating each other. As my eyes made their way all around the club, they froze instantly when they saw a very ugly, eyesore of a face of my ex. I found him sitting with some girls who were not of our college.

What about that b*tch? Did he leave her or was he cheating on her too?
I prayed for the second reason to come true so that she could have a taste of her own medicine.

Unwillingly, I forced my eyes to my phone. Clicking on the contacts proved my loneliness while I took a sip of my drink. Drowning on its taste I thought about my life.

A twenty-one years old student pursuing a bachelor's in business management, working everyday just to make my life less piteous. Financial aid and some scholarships provided a lot of help but after college, I wouldn't have any roof over my head. I was already prepared for this, my two jobs and the money that my nana and grandpa saved were enough to handle the situation after college. I did have a dream but I guess it didn't deserve me.

That was my financial status, about my family... I was alone. Dad died, mom left, so I was pretty much like an orphan. And social life? I didn't have time to make friends, this was the reason I fed myself everyday.