9

Spencer woke up to see a pile of your hair across his chest

Spencer woke up to see a pile of your hair across his chest. He smiled and pulled you closer, placing a kiss on top of your head. You shifted, snuggling in to his arms, tangling your legs with his.

"Hey pretty girl, you have class in an hour," Spencer whispered in your ear, causing you to open your eyes. You smiled, looking up at him.

"Shh, I don't want to go to classes today," you muttered, closing your eyes again.

"As much as I would love to stay like this all day, I also have work," he replied, rubbing circles on your back. You groaned and sat up, rubbing a hand through your hair.

"I'm going to make some coffee. Want any?" you asked, turning to Spencer. He nodded, flopping back down onto the bed. You laughed gently and walked out of the room to the kitchen. You put the pot of coffee in the machine, feeling arms wrap around your midsection. "Hello there, Dr. Reid," you whispered, reaching for two mugs.

Spencer nuzzled his head in your neck, placing a kiss on your collarbone. "Hi Ms. Y/N," he responded. "What classes do you have today?"

"Philosophy of Religion and anatomy and physiology," you answered, turning in his arms and handing him a mug of steaming coffee. "Not a terrible day honestly."

"Sounds interesting," he said, taking a sip of the coffee.

"I'm going to go shower and get dressed," you announced. "If you want to stay we can head out together?" Spencer nodded, taking a seat at your kitchen table.

"The stain looks good Y/N." He spoke, picking up the newspaper. You grinned and headed into your bathroom, turning on the shower.

In the meantime, Spencer did the crossword in record speed as he finished his coffee. He stood up and walked to your front table, picking up the book you had laying on it. It was titled, when breath becomes air.

He opened it, reading through the book. It was an interesting autobiography. You felt bad for the author, for being so close to achieving his life's goal. And then, suddenly, it was taken away from him.

Spencer's reading was interrupted by a knock at your door. He was going to let it be, seeing as this was your apartment, but the person knocked again. Spencer opened the door, coming face to face with the man from Saturday night.

"You're not Y/N," Nate said, looking at Spencer with a confused look.

"Spence, who's at the door?" You asked, walking out of your room, Spencer's cardigan in your hand. You looked up and saw Nate in the door way and Spencer leaning against the open door. "Oh! Hey Nate, what's up?" you asked, handing Spencer his cardigan.

"It's Wednesday Y/N, we always walk to anatomy together," he replied, crossing his arms.

"Oh my god you're right I'm so sorry I forgot. I'll meet you in the quad in 5 minutes, let me just walk Spencer to his car."

Nate nodded and gave you a smile before turning and walking away from you apartment. Spencer looked at you with an arched eyebrow.** "Care to explain?"

"Explain?"

"Why is it that he's always showing up at your door?"

You sighed and tucked a strand of Spencer's hair behind his ear. "Nate has been one of my best friends since middle school. Please, don't be bothered by him."

Spencer nodded, leaning down to kiss you softly. "I believe you. Now, don't leave the poor guy waiting too long."

You grinned and grabbed your bag, linking your hand with Spencer's. You walked him to his car and kissed him gently again, before he drove away. You met Nate in the quad a few minutes later.

"Is that the FBI agent from class?" Nate asked.

"It is," you said quietly.

"It's been one week and he's already staying over? Be careful Y/N. Don't let him take advantage of you," Nate advised. You smiled, knowing he meant well.

"We got back really late and it just didn't make sense for him to drive home," you reasoned. "Don't worry Nate, Spencer is the sweetest."

Nate smiled and nodded, throwing his arm around your shoulder. "I trust your judgement shoelace," he muttered.

"Shoelace? Really? If that's how you're gonna play it, I'll start calling you footstool again."

Nate grimaced, shaking his head furiously. "Please don't."

You laughed and opened the door to the lecture hall, making your way to your favorite seats in the third row. You took out your phone to silence it and saw a text.

Spencer: "I'm flying out to Olympia for a case."

You frowned, locking your phone. Nate looked at you with a raised eyebrow. "Trouble in paradise?"

"Spencer has to fly out to Washington. I'm just worried about him, he has to deal with crazy people," you muttered, feeling the phone buzz in your hand. You had forgotten to silence it.

Spencer: "I'll see you when I get back?"

Y/N: "I'll be counting down the minutes. Be careful"