31

This chapter is brought to you by my aversion to homework and my 4th time rewatching criminal minds:

-

Spencer groaned as he learned he would not be able to spend Halloween in DC. Instead the team was needed in Detroit.

You smiled as you saw your phone flash. "Spencer, I missed you," you said excitedly. You heard him laugh.

"I miss you too. I'm also really sad that you have to cancel your trip on Friday," he said softly. You frowned, your heart hurting at the thought of not seeing him.

"A Case? Where this time?" you asked, taking a sip of your coffee.

"We leave for Detroit in the morning. Something about Devil's Night."

"I'm sorry Spence, I know Halloween's your favorite," you consoled.

"I know, I was going to take you to the Edgar Allen Poe shadow puppet theater. Or maybe the reenactment of the 19th century phantasmagoria," he said excitedly, making your heart flutter.

"Aren't phantasmagorias the ghost shows from France?" You asked, twirling a pencil between your fingers.

"Yeah! They use science magic," he said happily. You frowned, realizing how excited he had been for this weekend, especially to show you his favorite things.

"I will admit I would've loved to see some science magic. But, it's not a big deal. Besides, what's another two weeks in the grand scheme of things when we've gone this long?" You continued.

"I don't deserve you Y/N, not one bit," he muttered. "I love you and I'll see you soon."

"I love you, bye." You heard the phone click and held it over your heart. You were really looking forward to seeing him. It seemed the universe had other plans.

The following day, after 12 hours of trying to put together a profile, Spencer decided to head to the hotel to try to get some sleep. He rubbed his eyes as he walked into his room. Somehow, Garcia had managed to get everyone single rooms. But, Spencer's was on a different floor.

He looked up and his eyes shot wide open. You were laying in the bed in a skimpy set of black lingerie and a black cat ears headband. "Trick or treat," you teased, causing him to cough.

"Oh it's most definitely a treat," he said, walking up to you and capturing your lips. You grinned and wrapped your arms around his neck, pulling on his hair.

"I like this haircut Dr. Reid," you whispered.

He growled softly, latching his lips onto your neck. "You look so good," he said hungrily, his lips touching every part of you.

"Well, everyone deserves something sweet on Halloween," you said softly, picking up the chocolate fudge from the nightstand and smearing it along your neck. Spencer took a breath, swallowing heavily before licking the chocolate. You grinned and smeared some more on your chest, a bit lower this time. He licked it up quickly.